Food Security & Sustainability Project Covid-19
- By: Edge of Africa
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/edge-of-africa-covid-19-project
Edge of Africa is currently working with local stakeholders to provide access to food and sustainable gardening packages to the local Knysna community.
Our organisation has been active in the Knysna community for 15 years and during the Covid 19 outbreak, we have closed volunteering programs. We do however have a clear understanding of exactly how the shut down will affect the unemployment rate and with transport restrictions and layoffs we are expecting a large number of people to find access to food difficult during these unprecedented times.
We have secured a supplier of basic food packages and sustainable food garden packages. We aim to identify families in distress and assist where possible.
A 4-week food hamper costs R490 and a garden package for a family of 4 costs R1100. We have options for bigger food packages and garden options for larger households.
- May 27, 2020 - USD $ 24.90
- "Sending a little love from the U.K. Miss being with you guys loads! X" - Connie
- May 03, 2020 - USD $ 217.52
- "Thank your for taking action and your commitment, Dayne. Love greetings and best wishes to S.A. " - Susanne und Stefan Haas, Germany
- Apr 21, 2020 - USD $ 28.15
- "Be well and stay healthy" - Stephanie
- Apr 16, 2020 - USD $ 28.18
- "Hope this helps!" - L
- Apr 15, 2020 - USD $ 173.27
- "Hope this helps! Anything we can do let us know! We love you guys! xx" - Melissa
- Apr 11, 2020 - USD $ 87.57
- "Glad to be able to help through your organization!" - Susanne J.
- Apr 10, 2020 - USD $ 29.19
- "Former volunteer! You guys continue to do amazing work!!" - Miriam
- Apr 10, 2020 - R 367.50
- "I wish I could do more but I know it will help" - Ann Onymous
- Apr 10, 2020 - USD $ 105.50
- "Former volunteer, always appreciative of all your hard work! " - Katie
- Apr 10, 2020 - USD $ 225.77
- "Love from Canada ️" - Anonymous
- Apr 02, 2020 - R 105.00
- "Thank you for helping" - Janet
The Wildlife Biodiversity Conservation Network
EDGE of AFRICA provides opportunities for both local and international volunteers to assist with our community empowerment and environmental restoration projects while enjoying a life-changing experience in one of the most beautiful parts of the world - the Garden Route, South Africa.
Our volunteer projects are run entirely by volunteers and our small EDGE of AFRICA team. We have become respected in local communities and have a strong ethos of community empowerment and environmental restoration.