- By: Alice Leah
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/educate-whitney
I am often asked to be an ambassador for a variety of causes, The Sunflower Fund and Cats of Durban being two of my favourites. So this is an unusual one for me, and a deviation from what I would usually get behind.
As a mom of two children (19 and 15), I know what it costs to raise a child.
I recently met a delightful little girl by the name of Whitney, who will be 7 years old in June and is going to grade 1 in 2019. Sadly, her mom abandoned her mid-way through last year and her aunt has been looking after her since.
She has been attending a lovely little school, eThekwini Preparatory School and Day Care, which is where her aunt would love to keep her. However the school fees, aftercare, uniform, transport and lunch is just too costly (she also has a son who is going to Matric).
R23461 would be enough to see Whitney through to the end of grade 1, kitted out in her uniform, with her transport paid, and a full tummy each day:
School fees and aftercare R1000 per month x 12 months (R700 school fees and R300 aftercare) = R12000 (plus R700 in arrears fees from 2018) less R1400 if paid upfr>
Uniform x once off = R2050
Stationery x once off = R300
Transport/taxi fare R42 p.d. x 207 school days = R8694
Lunch x 207 school days = This has been fully sponsored by Kwikspar Blair Athol who is donating bread, peanut butter, juice, yoghurt and fruit for 207 days!
Admin fee Back a Buddy 5% of total = R1117.20
It is said that "it takes a village to raise a child" - please help us to raise Whitney.
*Funds raised for school fees, aftercare and uniforms will be paid directly to the school, the remaining fees will be managed and distributed by the campaign creator*
- Feb 06, 2019 - R 20.56
- "Just had to donate the last 38 cents to hit target and go over the top!" - Alice Leah
- Feb 06, 2019 - R 5 533.00
- "All the best with your education " - Peter
- Jan 30, 2019 - R 51.41
- "May you shine bright and achieve great things in the years to come" - Robyn Browne
- Jan 28, 2019 - R 507.50
- "With best wishes - work hard and have fun xx" - Shelly
- Jan 18, 2019 - USD $ 38.33
- "Good luck Whitney and wishing you all the best in your school years. " - Paul and Bryony
- Jan 08, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Our little son is also going into grade 1 this year. What a wonderful year it will be for you Whitney. All our love xxx" - The Ginns
- Jan 07, 2019 - R 10 860.50
- "Wishing you ALL the success Whitney!! Go shine your beautiful light. <3 " - The Creativity Lab
- Jan 07, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Lots of love and happy days at school Whitney" - Tilanie Grote
- Jan 04, 2019 - R 5 141.00
- "Education is the foundation of any nation - you deserve this young Whitney" - Broom Family
- Jan 04, 2019 - USD $ 22.05
- "In honor of Jessica Broom, on her 18th Birthday. Mostly because she always reminds me that it is better to give than to receive." - Todd, Natasha, Nathan, and Sebastian Perry
- Jan 04, 2019 - R 102.82
- "We can all do something to make this a better world for all and if my small contribution can help make a difference to someone's life, then I am part of the solution!" - Susan Donnison
- Jan 04, 2019 - R 110.00
- "All children deserve a bright future!" - Alice Leah
Whitney Study Cause
I recently met a delightful little girl by the name of Whitney, who will be 7 years old in June and is going to grade 1 in 2019. She has been attending a lovely little school, which is where her aunt would love to keep her. However the school fees, uniform, transport and lunch is just too costly.
Please Help Us Spread The Word: