Eli Medical Fund
- By: Hayley O’Dell
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/eli-medical-fund
Elijah was diagnosed with Myleomenengocele, Spina Bifida in utero.
When he was a week old he had his first surgery to close the lesion on his back, this caused him to develop Hydrocephalus. He had another surgery at 2 weeks old to have a VP shunt inserted, and a third surgery at 3 weeks old to fix the infected tissue on his back and sides.
He has neurogenic bladder and bowels which require daily catheterising and enemas. He also has paralysis of his lower legs and feet which require physical therapy and occupational therapy.
He has had a total of 6 major surgeries, 4 of those being brain surgery to insert new shunts due to shunt failure.
We are raising funds to help with Eli’s medical costs, past and future.
- Sep 18, 2018 - R 185.08
- "Be well ... so much for a little guy to go through " - Sam
- Sep 17, 2018 - USD $ 14.09
- "Paying for your little angel... You are doing a great job. " - Anon
- Sep 17, 2018 - USD $ 66.96
- "Wishing you and your sweet child only health and happiness " - Noa Kinstler Schlosberg
- Jun 01, 2018 - R 1 028.20
- "We4standbyEli Love from Gary, Toontjies, Sean, Nicole, peanut and Pretzel <3" - Gazzatoon
- May 24, 2018 - R 514.10
- "From one mom to another. Much love. " - Chel