HELP US Eliminate period poverty in South Africa
- By: GJ de Beer
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/eliminate-poverty
Have you ever thought that girls could miss school because they can’t afford to buy feminine hygiene products like tampons or pads?
The sad reality is that 1.5 million of South African learners miss school every month during menstruation because they can't afford to buy feminine hygiene products.
More than not attending schools, this situation gives unequal access to education to these girls, taking away their basic human rights. Is it fair to be punished because of a natural phenomenon that creates life?
At ESI Health, we believe it's not!
We also believe that together we can achieve more. With your support, many more lives can be impacted.Who we are
ESI Health is a young, dynamic non-profit organisation based in Cape Town (South Africa) focusing on eliminating period poverty. We are highly driven entrepreneurs with the common passion of helping others.What we do
Our mission is to give equal access to education by empowering South African women & girls with a long-lasting solution for their feminine needs.
Our program relies on 3 key pillars:
1. EDUCATE & EMPOWER: through an interactive My Cup' Program at the school around the importance of feminine hygiene, menstrual cup & its use.
2. DESTIGMATISE: women-period with the partnership of the Department of Education
3. DISTRIBUTE & MONITOR: distribute menstrual cups to learners in need and monitor with an absenteeism survey before & after the implementation of the program.How can you make a difference
For every R120 received, one girl will receive a menstrual cup that will attend to her menstrual needs for 5 years.
Imagine, not having to worry or feel ashamed for all this time!What will we do with the funds raised
Every fund raised will go towards helping girls. Your donation will be used as follows:
- Buy menstrual cup (70%)
- Development of My Cup' educational program (20%)
- Admin & logistics cost involved around the implementation of the program (10%)
HELP US reach this goal by donating and make a difference in a girl's life!
- Apr 20, 2022 - R 200.00
- "Thank you for the amazing work that you are doing for young girls. I know the struggle of not having sanitary pads when I was younger and it warms my heart to donate to this platform. " - Jo-anne
- Oct 17, 2021 - R 120.00
- "Eliminate period poverty" - Leriena
- Sep 21, 2021 - R 4 200.00
As an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, I know this is a worthy cause and fight. On this special day of my 35th birthday - I would like to donate 35 cups to aid in the fight against period poverty." - Dr Suveshni Govindasamy
- Jun 17, 2021 - R 200.00
- "I know how I feel whenever I’m on my period and I can’t even begin to imagine what other young girls and women go through with all the added stress of not having what they need for their own." - Koketso
- Aug 15, 2020 - R 100.00
- "Please use towards menstrual cups. Our communities need to know the important benefits of using menstrual cups. " - Celeste
- Aug 06, 2020 - R 120.00
- "So glad to find an organisation that supports a sustainable way to eradicate period poverty!" - Rachel Mpofu
- Nov 19, 2019 - USD $ 13.53
- "Un superbe projet." - GUIGNON Jean-Max
Donations to dateR 116 789.95
Fundraising targetR 200 000.00
Funds raised offlineR 111 650.00 Donate
Entrepeneurship Services International
ESI (Entrepreneurship Services International) is a dynamic non-profit organization focusing on the education of health-related challenges impacting South Africans and their future generations.
Our two areas of focus are:
1) Eradicating Period poverty
2) Fight antimicrobial resistance
The motivation behind these two projects is to empower South African communities through innovative educational programs to drive behavioral changes throughout generations.
Our expertise in the health industry allows us to develop tailored-made programs to change the lives of millions.