Emil's Swahili Channel swim for charity
- By: Emil Berning
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/emils-swahili-channel-swim-for-charity
A coastal boy at heart living in Joburg who grew up in PE ex Grey High, studied Engineering at UCT attending lectures in between surfing and holidays in Plett. Starting swimming 9 years ago after a life changing experience and has progressed more recently to extreme challenges especially where there is a charity aspect. Toughest swim this year was the 10.5km Lighthouse to Big Bay event in 10 deg water temperature.
Swimming the Swahili Channel with the madswimmers on 10th of October in aid for Tanzanian childrens charity.
- Oct 08, 2015 - R 300.00
- "Best of Luck" - John B. Ireland
- Oct 08, 2015 - R 100.00
- "Good luck!" - Sharmaine Mons
- Oct 07, 2015 - R 5 000.00
- "DONATION" - POLYSALES AFRICA (PTY) LTD
- Oct 05, 2015 - R 500.00
- "Give it horns my Boet!" - Deon
- Sep 30, 2015 - R 250.00
- "Good luck Emil, very courageous!" - Dad Keith
- Sep 29, 2015 - R 500.00
- "Good luck, swin hard and straight" - Rick F
- Sep 28, 2015 - R 200.00
- "Good luck!" - Anonymous
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established businessmen and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 13 years.