Emily and Vince Wedding
- By: Emily and Vince
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/emily-and-vince-wedding
We have chosen in lieu of wedding gifts to donate to a charity. I think you all know with being a nurse I come with a love for anything medical and healthcare-related.
I have worked with people with burns and seen the life-changing impact that they have. In South Africa, it is estimated that 68 perecent of children younger than 14 years old have experienced scalding burn injuries.
I get to meet and treat so many different people in my day to day job but know that we care for so much more than the physical symptoms and conditions that people present with.
After suffering from a burn injury, children are disfigured, visibly different from their peers and have negative self-perceptions of themselves. Emotional healing for both children and their families is as vital as healing physical wounds.
The funds we raise by donating to The Avela Foundation will go towards the UMatter Program. This is a support network for burn survivors and their families. By providing the right psychological support to burn survivors and their families, burn survivors will become an asset not a liability to our society.
Your involvement as a donor will assist The Avela Foundation by offering burn survivors and their families the crucial psychological support required to prepare them for the future.
- Jan 20, 2022 - R 2 000.00
- "Dear Emily & Vince wishing you many years of married bliss together - what a worthy cause such a great idea! Lots of love." - Rob, Eveline & Carly
- Jan 17, 2022 - USD $ 195.39
- "Dearest Em and Vince. Wishing you so much joy in your lives together. What a worthy cause. " - Wendy and James
- Jan 14, 2022 - USD $ 136.39
- "You guys are awesome! Wishing you only sunshine even on the rainy and cloudy days. Much love Mum Denise " - Denise Abendanon-Bosch
- Jan 06, 2022 - R 1 000.00
- "Wishing you both a life time of love and thank you for your support with Avela " - Cami