Ethan Patton Film School
- By: Tamaryn Green
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/ethan-dean
At New Orleans Secondary School, despite the very difficult environment of most state schools, Ethan excelled tremendously. He could express himself more comfortably through drama class.
He took to writing his own Afrikaans rap songs with two friends and started a young Rap group that entered local competitions. They also made a music video that was shared on Facebook. This was where one of the casting directors of the film “Noem My Skollie” saw a talented young Ethan.
They approached him for an audition and later the role of Young Gimba was awarded to him. It was during this time that he discovered he has a passion for acting.
In 2018, Ethan went for an audition in Cape Town for The International Arts Talent Showcase hosted by the New York Film Academy. He was awarded a call back to Johannesburg in October 2018. In Johannesburg he performed a 60 second monoloque in front of a panel of judges. Again, he was given a call back and was one of 20 people accepted to attend the NYFA summer camp program in June/July 2019.
Of the 20, Ethan was also announced as one of 6 Talent Based Discount scholarship winners for 2018. Due to his age he qualified for the Teen Camp run in both Los Angeles and New York City with a partial scholarship of 25%.
Blessed with an amazing career opportunity and international training and exposure the family is very happy but the outstanding 75% is a tough amount to cover for a middle class income family.
Funds raised will help cover:
Institution Fees: 2557 dollars / Deposit of 500 dollar has been paid.
Accommodation Fees: 2700 dollar for 3 weeks / 200 dollar per week for food.
Flights: We must buy the flight tickets which costs between R20000- R30000 return
- Mar 20, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Good luck Ethan we love you ????" - Martine
- Mar 19, 2019 - R 40 000.00
- "What an amazing initiative. Wishing the boy a lot of luck" - Anonymous
- Mar 18, 2019 - USD $ 13.86
- "Congratulations Ethan! Good Luck and Enjoy." - Ende’s friend
- Mar 14, 2019 - R 507.50
- "All the best to you. You make us proud." - Lelanie
- Mar 08, 2019 - R 200.00
- "All the best make us proud!" - Carmila
- Mar 07, 2019 - R 205.64
- "When they tell you the skies the limit, reach for stars..." - Anonymous
- Mar 06, 2019 - R 2 056.40
- "I applaud you for going for your dreams! God is shining in your life and may you be blessed abundantly to share your dream and passion with the world. " - Anonymous
- Mar 06, 2019 - USD $ 74.27
- "Congratulations and safe travels!" - Bruno the Boerboel Ende
- Mar 05, 2019 - R 200.00
- "All the best Ethan always follow your dreams and never give up on something good " - Francois Mouton
- Mar 04, 2019 - USD $ 52.84
- "Best of luck" - Anthony B
- Mar 04, 2019 - USD $ 52.86
- "Wishing you all the best! " - Ende’s friend Regina
- Mar 04, 2019 - USD $ 52.60
- "Wish you best of luck " - Ende’s Friends
- Mar 04, 2019 - USD $ 78.92
- "Congratulations" - Ende's neighbors
- Mar 04, 2019 - USD $ 14.83
- "????" - Sue
- Mar 03, 2019 - USD $ 147.87
- "So proud of you" - Ende’s
- Mar 02, 2019 - USD $ 16.67
- "God bless your endeavours. " - Cuz uk
- Mar 02, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Wishing you Sucess and happiness in your future journey Ethan." - Lucia & Martin
- Mar 01, 2019 - R 51.41
- "All of the best Ethan! " - Kirsten Mocke
- Mar 01, 2019 - R 308.46
- "None of us are making your dreams come true...You are! Goodluck buddy! " - Ex N.O.S.S learner
- Mar 01, 2019 - R 200.00
- "The beginning of great things for Ethan-Dean and othets. God bless this fund." - David G
- Mar 01, 2019 - R 205.64
- "I'm so happy to be donating this money to such a great opportunity. Let's all help this pupil reach his dreams. " - Lauren Green
- Feb 28, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Wishing you all of the best Ethan" - Anonymous
Ethan Patton Travel Cause
In 2018, Ethan went for an audition in Cape Town for The International Arts Talent Showcase hosted by the New York Film Academy. He was given a call back and was one of 20 people accepted to attend the NYFA summer camp program in June/July 2019. Due to his age he qualified for the Teen Camp run in both Los Angeles and New York City with a partial scholarship of 25%.