Fadlar's Touch World Cup Fundraiser
- By: Fadlar Salie
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/fadlar-salie
I have been selected to play for South Africa, in the Ladies 27s team, at the upcoming Touch World Cup that is taking place in Malaysia at the end of April. Touch Rugby has been such a large part of my life for so many years. It's where I've learned to grow, where I've challenged myself, where I've shown what I am capable of, where I've met some of my best friends and grown my "family", and most importantly, where I met my husband.
This chance to represent my country, to wear the green and gold, would see me reaching one of my all-time dreams.
Unfortunately, this is a self-funded sport, and I need help with raising the money to go. I am reaching out in the hope that you will contribute towards my tour costs. I need to raise R35,000 to cover all my expenses - including flights, accommodation, tournament costs, kit etc.
I know you all have financial pressures, and it is hard asking for help. Please, will you help get me to Malaysia and run onto the field, proudly wearing the green and gold, representing not only my country but also every single one of you who has helped me get there?
I promise to make you proud.
*Funds raised would be transferred directly to SATA (our governing body)*
- Mar 13, 2019 - R 514.10
- "We are friends of Di’s. Good luck with fundraiser and with the World Cup - we know you’ll get there and have no doubt that you’ll do youself and our country proud." - The Kennedy’s
- Mar 13, 2019 - USD $ 73.29
- "Congratulations Fadlah " - Matthews family
- Mar 12, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Have fun Fadlar! You will be amazing. " - Anonymous
- Mar 12, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Good luck Fadlar! Sure u will make all of us proud! " - WP friend
Fadlar Salie Touch Rugby Cause
I have been selected to play for South Africa in the Ladies 27s team, at the upcoming Touch World Cup that is taking place in Malaysia at the end of April.
Touch Rugby is where I've learned to grow, where I've challenged myself and shown what I am capable of, where I've met some of my best friends and grown my "family", and most importantly, where I met my husband.
Help spread the word: