Fibi Mthembu UWC Adriatic
- By: Fibi Angel Mthembu
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/fibi-mthembu-uwc-adriatic
My name is Fibi Angel Mthembu. I'm a 16-year-old aspiring Actuarial Scientist or Neurologist from Umlazi Z section, Durban, KwaZulu Natal. Through hard work and the undying love and support of my family I have been accepted to study a two year pre-university International Baccalaureate Programme at United World College of the Adriatic in Trieste, Italy.
My acceptance to the UWC of Adriatic is an affirmation of my academic track record to date. I have worked hard to maintain a first position in my high school, Mowat Park High School, every term since 8th grade. I have received school colours for Arts and Academics and I have contributed to my school through my involvement in the school's Environmental and Public Speaking Club.
Given my personal experiences with financial hardship, outside school I remain steadfast in my service to others by participating in community service activities which include community members cooking for the homeless and donating old clothing to children homes as well as cleaning in old age homes and spending time with children in orphanages located in various areas in the Umlazi township.
I'm proud of this accomplishment and excited to share my passion for South Africa and my IsiZulu heritage with the United World College community at Trieste. Aspiring to return home having benefited from a world-renowned education to contribute to our beautiful nation. With your support, I will be able to benefit from the experience of a lifetime. Thank you for making it possible.
- Nov 15, 2018 - R 1 750.00
- "Have a great time and be sure to give pay it forward to others when you can!" - Anonymous
- Jul 14, 2018 - USD $ 39.67
- "Hello from Cape Town. I went to UWC Atlantic, used to be on the national committee until 2010 and now keenly watch new lives being forever altered by the UWC experience. I wish you the very best!" - Fahad Hendricks
- Jul 13, 2018 - R 15 423.00
- "Congratulations Fibi ! It will be an awesome experience. Be resilient and soak up every moment." - Anonymous