Financial Support for a Future Chartered Accountant
- By: Samantha Parrish
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/financial-support-for-a-future-chartered-a
My name is Mziwamadoda Advice Mbedu and my dream is to be a chartered accountant one day.
I have lost my father a while back, and my mother works as a secretary. These financial issues are what halted my studies at UCT. I eventually joined the workforce, started from as low as R3500 until I earned R7000, where through discipline, I finally earned enough to start my UNISA journey to complete my studies.
I completed my degree with UNISA, as of June 2018. I have been accepted to do CTA, which is the postgrad necessary before I can go on do board 1 & 2, articles before qualifying as a chartered accountant. I have been accepted in all universities I applied for; UCT, UJ, NWU, & Stellenbosch University.
Due to the intensity of CTA - my goal has always been to do it full time. Also because SAICA [the body for chartered accountants] essentially requires everybody to be doing the same workload, regardless of whether you are doing it through UNISA or full-time study. As a result of not have direct contact/ support, usually, UNISA has a significantly higher failure rate. This is why I made it my goal to do CTA fulltime, and I worked extra hard to achieve my degree with distinctions. To my disappointment, I was not so lucky in receiving funding.
I eventually received a late miracle, where Stellenbosch University offered me a bursary loan, which will be enough to cover my fees. I am however still in a situation where I need support for transport, rent, food and textbooks.
Textbooks: R10 000 (upfront cost)
Rent per month: R2500
Transport per month: R1500
Groceries per month: R1500
Please help me achieve my goal. I have put in the hard work and I will not stop!!
- Feb 19, 2020 - R 1 028.20
- "Wishing you best of luck in achieving your goal " - The Grey Foundation
- Feb 17, 2020 - R 514.10
- "All the best to you. Your tenacity is admirable. Good Luck" - Affiniti
- Feb 17, 2020 - R 205.64
- "I am so happy to see this and pray for your future success please get in touch with me " - Mrs n patel your ex educator
- Jan 17, 2019 - USD $ 38.42
- "CA is tough but so worth it in the end!" - Lou
- Jan 16, 2019 - USD $ 38.30
- "Best of luck" - Anonymous
- Jan 16, 2019 - USD $ 38.30
- "Best of luck, those exams and studies are tough enough, without needing to work full-time." - Dave Colley
The Angel Network
The Angel Network is a voluntary organization, run solely via the power of social media. We are a registered NPO (181-947NPO). Our goal is to create a gateway for giving. A platform from which helping the helpless will become easily accessible to anyone wanting to do a little more, and give a little more. The Angel Network enables, facilitates and mobilises acts of kindness.