A Dedication to Roberto Kikawa
- By: Patrick Schofield
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/for-roberto
Doctor Roberto Kunimassa Kikawa, 48, was killed on Saturday night (10) during an attempted robbery in the Ipiranga neighborhood, in the southern area of São Paulo.
We have opened this page to dedicate in words and support to Roberto and the extraordinary work he did in bringing quality healthcare to poor communities in Latin America and more recently across the greater world.
Donations will be given to Roberto's family for their needs and if they desire, towards continuing his work.
A tribute to Roberto: Suzana Padua of the Instituto De Pesquisas Ecologicas:
Há 8 anos, Claudio e eu tivemos o prazer e a honra de subir ao palco para entregar o Prêmio Empreendedor Social Schwab/Folha de São Paulo ao Sr. Roberto Kikawa. Hoje o motivo de eu estar aqui é doído. Preparei uma mensagem em nome de nosso grupo:
Você passou como um cometa em nossas vidas, deixando luz e amor por onde esteve. Sua luz é daquelas que não se apaga facilmente porque é de puro amor – amor incondicional por todos que tiveram o privilégio de o conhecer ou de serem beneficiados pelo seu belíssimo trabalho. Você fez diferença e deixa sementes em todos os locais por onde passou. Essas sementes estão plantadas em gente que viu o impossível ser possível. Com dignidade, humildade, compromisso e um senso inesgotável de persistência e amor você construiu novos caminhos de esperanças onde havia desolação e tristeza. Suas qualidades eram ímpares: mostrou um querer com determinação, foco e dedicação, sempre para atingir algo novo, antes inatingível em prol da coletividade, que para a maioria é abstrata. Foram mais de 2 milhões e pessoas beneficiadas por suas ações. Esse mundo mostrou não estar pronto para você, mas você trilhou o caminho que queremos – um local de criação do bem para todos!
Em sua chegada a outro reino, como sei que acredita, assim como muitos de nós acreditamos, você será recebido com uma incrível celebração de amor por tudo o que deixou plantado em nossos corações. Seu exemplo ficará para sempre! Sua busca por luz será desnecessária, pois você, Roberto, é luz! Nós, empreendedores da Schwab/Folha de São Paulo, só temos a lhe agradecer por quem você foi e é. Pelo que deixa marcado em nossas vidas. Nosso sentido, sincero e profundo muito obrigada!
You have passed like a comet in our lives, leaving behind love and light wherever you went by. Your light is of the kind that does not weaken easily because it is of pure love – an unconditional love for all who have had the privilege of knowing you or being benefited by your beautiful work. You have made a difference and have spread seeds everywhere you have been. These seeds are planted in people who saw the impossible become possible. With dignity, humbleness, commitment and an endless sense of persistence and love you built new paths of hope where before there was desolation and sadness. Your qualities were innumerable: you showed a determined drive for change, with focus and dedication, always to achieve something new considered unreachable, in favor of collectivity, which for the majority is invisible. More than 2 million people were enhanced by your actions. This world, however, showed it was not ready for you, but you have trailed the path we desire – a place where the good is created for all!
Upon your arrival in another reign, as we know you believe and many of us do too, you will be received with an incredible celebration of love for all you have planted in our hearts. Your example will last forever! Your search for light will be unnecessary, because you, Roberto, are light! We, entrepreneurs from the Schwab/Folha de São Paulo can only thank you for having been and for being you are. For all you have left deeply sealed in our lives, our heartfelt, sincere and profound thank you!
"Roberto Kikawa incorporated all the principles of a leader: humility, commitment and deep compassion for the suffering of the poor." In a memorable and courageous re-creation of his career, he turned away from success as a gastroenterologist to found Global Cies."
Katherine Milligan - Head of Schwab Foundation
I am wordless with grief and sorrow! However, I can imagine that he will shine elsewhere because of all the good he did in his shortened life in this planet! He leaves us with the light of the star he will always be!
extremely saddened by this news :( i’ve always known Roberto to be kind and passionate, and truly dedicated to serving. my deepest thoughts, condolences and prayers for his family
I am very saddened by this loss,I am sending my prayer to him and his family ,He was very kind and and was extremely helpful to this world ,God bless him
There are no words to express how horrible and senseless this was. Roberto was gentle, kind and wise.
A tragic loss for his family and those he compassionately served. Truly heartbreaking.
Hilde Schwab, President of the Schwab Foundation
"He was not only an example for social entrepreneurship, but a colleague and friend in our community, and a respected voice at the World Economic Forum."
If you would like to give a donation, please click on the donate button.
BRL10.00 is approx R40.00
USD1.00 is approx R14.00
If you would just like to leave a tribute to Roberto to be passed on to his family. Please email directly to: [email protected]
- Jan 09, 2019 - USD $ 75.34
- "Roberto, my brother, you were... are the change we want to see in the world. So honored to have had the opportunity to get to know you. You will remain an inspiration." - Brij Kothari
- Jan 08, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Roberto was a humble man who touched so many lives. I remember him telling me he dedicates himself to this work because he made a promise to his Dad. His family must be so proud of him." - Tracey Chambers and Tracey Gilmore
- Jan 08, 2019 - USD $ 99.92
- "I have not met you Roberto but I believe in the good that you do and the faith we share. I want your family to feel loved because you made so many unloved people feel loved." - Anna Meloto Wilk
- Nov 29, 2018 - USD $ 83.31
- "Roberto’s life was full of meaning and he always faced the most challenging obstacles as an invitation. The greatest tribute we can pay for him is to reafirm our hope in humanity." - Gisela Solymos
- Nov 26, 2018 - USD $ 105.48
- "It won’t go away: not the emptiness, neither the dream." - Roberta Faria
- Nov 26, 2018 - USD $ 75.93
- "Dr. Roberto, you inspired me and countless others to do good for this world... rest in peace" - Michael Kapps
- Nov 25, 2018 - USD $ 68.38
- "In memory of a fine doctor and outstanding human being." - Kristine Pearson
- Nov 22, 2018 - USD $ 56.22
- "Will always remember your voice and your advise. RIP, Roberto." - Anonymous
- Nov 22, 2018 - USD $ 113.32
- "Pelo legado de Roberto Kikawa e seu trabalho transformador." - Rodrigo Pipponzi
- Nov 22, 2018 - USD $ 251.35
- "Jai gurudev !!! " - Bernardo Bonjean
- Nov 21, 2018 - USD $ 37.30
- "Rest in peace, thank you" - Anonymous
- Nov 21, 2018 - USD $ 7.46
- "" ... "." - Fabiano Jesuíno
- Nov 21, 2018 - USD $ 157.80
- "Em memória de Roberto Kikawa: pelo homem, pelo médico e pelo empreendedor social. Um brasileiro que fez a diferença e vai fazer muita falta. " - Eliane Trindade
- Nov 21, 2018 - USD $ 35.46
- ":(" - David
- Nov 16, 2018 - USD $ 74.26
- "A tragic loss to all of us but your family Roberto, I am sure could not be more proud of your lifetime's achievements. Courage, humility and generosity of spirit. RIP" - Colin McElwee
- Nov 16, 2018 - USD $ 105.52
- "In memory of a great man and dedicated doctor." - Christie Peacock
- Nov 15, 2018 - USD $ 73.10
- "Roberto u will be remembered by us all . " - Neelam
- Nov 15, 2018 - R 7 711.50
- "Deepest condolences to the Kikawa family. Roberto, you will be sorely missed. Your impact will continue to improve the lives of millions. You will always be in our hearts. " - Ernest Darkoh
- Nov 15, 2018 - USD $ 73.10
- "My tribute to a hero" - Jack Sim
- Nov 15, 2018 - USD $ 417.40
- "Everything has the beginning and the end. Yours came way too soon... You will never be forgoten. Your true friends." - Greg Dajer and Nga Trang
- Nov 15, 2018 - R 1 000.00
- "For a life lived to it's fullest and the work that will continue to realise his dreams for others" - PatScho