#67give Gail Summerton is Fund-raising for Learning in Reach This Mandela Day
- By: Gail
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/gail-summerton-transforming-ecd-this-mand
Education is the core of our society's ability to change and better itself. Children need pillars of support from the earliest learning stages (0-5 years), in order to be able to perform properly at school. South Africa's Government is not allocating sufficient funding to achieve this early learning process (R2000 per ECD child as opposed to R100 000 for tertiary education).
I want to empower children with no access to pre-primary education (3-6 years old) to gain the foundations that they will need to better themselves and their trajectory in the future.
Learning in Reach is my nominated beneficiary. They are implementing 30 projects in the gang and drug-ridden Lavender Hills area to create safe and well resourced centres for pre-schoolers.
Learning In Reach is a body of like-minded individuals with an interest in making South Africa succeed through education. They aim to empower the future generations with curiosity and a love of learning by ensuring education equality on the belief that this is the foundation for a stronger democracy.'
Please support my crowdfund and donate for this incredibly worthy cause, or sign up to participate in the campaign and contribute to Nelson Mandela's Centenery Day, this July.
- Jul 24, 2018 - R 201.00
- "Good luck in your fundraising efforts" - Art class
- Jul 20, 2018 - USD $ 73.88
- "Awesome Gail! " - Anna
- Jul 20, 2018 - R 500.00
- "?" - Diana
- Jul 19, 2018 - USD $ 15.08
- "Congratulations on a relevant, accountable and sustainable campaign. " - Roy Summerton
- Jul 13, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Such a great cause!" - Liezel Coetzee
- Jul 09, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Lovely initiative!" - Nina
- Jun 25, 2018 - USD $ 12.46
- "We believe in helping children to have a better future with pre-primary education" - Viv and Penny - Art Class
- Jun 15, 2018 - R 2 010.00
- "There is nothing more important than education. " - Norah Papanicolaou
Learning In Reach
Learning in Reach has created a blueprint for a holistic early learning and pre-primary education that fosters community enterprise and parental engagement. ‘It takes a village to raise a child’ and we cannot disrupt the Early Childhood Development (ECD) process without addressing all the supporting structures, the main one being the child’s parents and teachers, as role models and leaders of these young children.