Gareth swims from Italy to Monaco
- By: Gareth Samuel
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/gareth-swims-from-italy-to-monaco
I'm doing another one of these things - finally getting a charity angle going (obviously someone else did the arranging).
The details - Saturday the 6th of August, 25km from a bit of rock in Italy into the bay at Port de Cap d'Ail (on the little Monaco bit?). Tea and medals at the Yacht Club. We've got 10 people doing solo swims.
Why - Because Summer in Italy. Also, we're hoping to raise enough money for the Just One Foundation (http://www.justtheone.org.za/) to keep 4 #madswimmer kids from Alex in Model C schools. I know my friends are the kind of people that can get behind a great cause like this right? Right.
And if you need more incentive than that - I guarantee sunburn and general chafe. Also, since it's very hard to swim going backwards and forwards to London I have definitely not done enough training. So your donations are definitely helping to increase my fear. And finally, should you help me raise more money than the rest of the people in this thing there may be photos of Princess Charlene. And me in a Speedo. And Princess Charlene with me in a Speedo.
P.S. If you're in the UK donate quickly before the pound weakens further!
- Aug 04, 2016 - R 500.00
- "Good luck mate" - Luke
- Jul 05, 2016 - R 50.00
- "Better than nothing, right?" - Anonymous
- Jul 05, 2016 - R 80.00
- "apparently this little can help the children and motivate you" - Jackie
- Jul 04, 2016 - USD $ 68.48
- "GO swim and be awesome, " - Steve Reardon
- Jul 04, 2016 - USD $ 34.24
- "Go Gareth Go !!! - hugs from the Canadians - xox" - Ruthi
- Jul 04, 2016 - R 1 000.00
- "Don't forget the Bar-Ones" - The Conglomerate
- Jul 03, 2016 - R 400.00
- "Good luck, (I expect pictures of a Benoni princess)" - Anonymous
- Jul 02, 2016 - R 500.00
- "Good luck. WS." - Anonymous
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established businessmen and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 13 years.