Garth Taylor Fights for Children with Cancer
- By: Garth Taylor
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/garth-taylor-fights-for-children-with-canc
SMASH HIT SA MUSICIAN TO GO INTO BOXING RING FOR CHILDREN FIGHTING CANCER
On Friday, 15 September 2017, Garth Taylor, a constant hit-churner in the South African music industry over the past 17 years, will be churning out hits of a different kind.
On his latest fundraising effort, following a smash fight in 2016, for the Little Fighters Cancer Trust, a Childhood Cancer Charity which offers individualised and practical support to children fighting cancer, and their families, across South Africa, Garth says, "After having my sister, Joanne, taken away from me by cancer, I have even more of a soft spot toward people who are fighting cancer. Having watched what she went through as an adult fighting this disease, I can only imagine how much worse it is for children who are suffering from cancer, to fight this battle. So, I figured, how bad can it be? Me, stepping into the ring and getting punched around for kids who are fighting for their lives every single day. I might as well see what I can do, if not through my singing, then by getting into the ring and doing something more exciting, so that people and companies pledge money and hopefully we can raise enough funds to help these little kids. I see cancer as a big bully hurting these children, and that is what I will be fighting."
Gath is hoping to raise an amount of R50 000.00 for these brave Little Fighters, who have to be STRONGER than most of us ever has to, on a daily basis.
The "White Collar Boxing"-event will take place at Scarlett Ribbon in Greenstone Park. Doors open at 19:00 and tickets cost R100 per person, for those who would like to Support Garth with attending, over and above this donation.
Mandie Erasmus from the LFCT, "This selfless and rather crazy effort by Garth, who has been a great supporter of the work which we do for children with cancer, could not have been timelier. We are absolutely overwhelmed by requests for assistance to children and families, from oncologists, social workers, teachers and parents at the moment. Many childhood cancer families are ripped apart completely, emotionally as well as financially, and in many cases, just food on the table, has become a luxury. We urge the public and corporates to donate. If Garth's target is reached, or exceeded, it will make a huge difference in our service delivery."
Please donate to get Garth Taylor in the ring for this Fight! Any amount, big or small, will make a tangible difference in the lives of Children who Fight Cancer."
Read about Garth's Campaign in the NEWS:
- Sep 20, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "A great cause ,keep it going !" - Paulo Martins
- Sep 19, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Let your little lights shine forever!" - Windvogel
- Sep 16, 2017 - USD $ 152.12
- "May God Bless these Little Fighters " - Neilson Family
- Sep 15, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Well done Garth" - Dayne Marshall
- Sep 15, 2017 - USD $ 22.88
- "keep up the good work" - Frank Dubowitz
- Sep 15, 2017 - R 250.00
- "Hope you reach the target you have set" - Ray Wise
- Sep 14, 2017 - R 100.00
- "Good luck Garth. What u r doing is such a great cause. Thank you " - Kathy
- Sep 14, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Good luck! :) xx" - Michelle Oosthuizen
- Sep 14, 2017 - R 500.00
- "I will see you there, Garth. Fighting on the same bill. Hope my R500,00 donation helps." - Jannie Wagner
- Sep 14, 2017 - R 50.00
- "From all of us fighting cancer... you are an inspiration..." - Ryan Young
- Sep 13, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "We need more people like you." - MCT
- Sep 12, 2017 - R 300.00
- "A Great cause and a Great man to do it" - William de Pinho
- Sep 11, 2017 - R 250.00
- "Good luck! " - Dominique
- Sep 11, 2017 - R 500.00
- "Good luck " - Gareth
- Sep 11, 2017 - R 50.00
- "Go Garth ! " - Garth Taylor
- Sep 04, 2017 - R 4 000.00
- "Thank you for giving these little ones a fighting chance." - Carolyn Steyn
- Sep 01, 2017 - R 500.00
- "Good luck brother! " - Anon
- Aug 28, 2017 - R 500.00
- "Kinders is ons toekoms en verantwoordelikheid. Dankie Garth!" - Koos Schabort
- Aug 28, 2017 - R 150.00
- "Thank you for what you do for these kiddies!!!!!" - Trudie
Little Fighters Cancer Trust
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust supports Children with Cancer and their Families.
In cases where there is no family support structure, such as in oncology wards in Children's Homes and Places of Safety, we are often the only line of support which these young Cancer Fighters have.
Our approach to support is holistic, where we look not only at providing practical and financial support, but also concentrate hugely on emotional support and providing relief where needs, in and out of hospital, are concerned.