Gary's 947 for Rainbows 2017
- By: Gary Kaiser
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/garys-947-for-rainbows-2017
Gary has taken on the challenge to cycle the Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge to raise funds and awareness for Rainbows and Smiles - a childhood cancer foundation close to his heart.
This race is dedicated to the memory of Declan.
Please make a small donation to his cycle race, eg: R1 per kilometre R94.70 = 94.7km (-:
Every year in South Africa, almost 1000 children are diagnosed with cancer. Our socio-economic challenges, and generally poor level of awareness of early warning signs of childhood cancer, means that a large number of these children are diagnosed very late into their illness. As a result, they face a difficult battle.
The team at Rainbows Riders is on a mission to raise awareness and funds for children fighting cancer. Rainbows and Smiles is a community-based, charitable foundation dedicated to providing emotional, social and financial support to children diagnosed with cancer or a life threatening illness, and their families and caregivers.
Rainbows & Smiles are not funded by government, and rely on the generosity of their supporters and the passion of their volunteers to enable them to do the work they do.
Thank you for supporting the challenge and mission to make a difference in the life of a child with cancer.
To help Gary raise funds please click the DONATE BUTTON next to the barometer!
- Nov 29, 2017 - R 500.00
- "Kids rule " - Anonymous
- Nov 29, 2017 - R 400.00
- "Sugerchix " - Megan
- Nov 17, 2017 - USD $ 70.81
- "All the best, enjoy the ride" - Ken Newby
- Nov 13, 2017 - R 300.00
- "Well done my man! All the best!" - Ross Lord
- Nov 05, 2017 - USD $ 123.99
- "Go for it OB1" - Duncan Kaiser
- Nov 02, 2017 - R 500.00
- "Good Luck Gary! Do it for the kids!" - Lee
- Nov 01, 2017 - R 100.00
- "Keep the wheels turning! " - JdW
- Nov 01, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "Now you have to hit a sub 3:30 please!!!" - Club RNB
- Oct 31, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Good luck Gary, all for a good cause." - Samantha Dye
- Oct 31, 2017 - R 500.00
- "Good luck!" - Sean and Leanne Edwards
- Oct 31, 2017 - USD $ 71.14
- "Thank you for taking up the challenge." - Thomas and Ursula Wellman
- Oct 19, 2017 - R 300.00
- "Best of luck Gary!" - Caryn Cook
- Oct 08, 2017 - R 350.00
- "You go G-Man" - Your sister you cant resista
- Oct 08, 2017 - R 500.00
- "Cycling for a wonderful cause. Proud of you Gary." - Jacquie
- Sep 17, 2017 - R 100.00
- "Lovely cause G-schwinn!!" - Matt Kilmister
- Sep 17, 2017 - R 100.00
- "Great G-Man" - Malcolm
- Sep 15, 2017 - R 100.00
- "proud of you!" - Diana
- Sep 13, 2017 - R 94.70
- "Happy Cycling" - Grant Palliser
- Sep 13, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Good luck Boss Man!" - Dries
- Sep 13, 2017 - R 100.00
- "An inspiration" - Lana
Rainbows and Smiles Foundation
The mission of Rainbows and Smiles is to provide emotional, social and financial support to families and caregivers in need when a child or children of that family is diagnosed with a life threatening illness such as cancer. In addition, Rainbows and Smiles encourage childhood cancer awareness to educate in the hope of promoting early detection.
To set up your own fundraising page for Rainbows and Smiles click here