Get Bevan to New York Marathon
- By: Angela Oschger
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/get-bevan-to-ny-marathon
I am Bevan, I sustained a brain injury in a hit and run on my motorbike in 2015. After several weeks in a coma, I find myself navigating my new normal.
3 and a half years in I’m doing well with the love and support of my wife and all the people and institutions who believe in me. I have not sat down and cried feeling sorry for myself, I have stood tall and have fought harder than I think I have ever fought in my life.
I have adopted a positive attitude to get me through the struggles and have accomplished some challenges I never thought possible. I have completed the 2017 NYC marathon, Telkom 94.7 cycle challenge 2018 and now I have been accepted to tackle the 2019 NYC marathon. This time, I am paying it forward, I am training and travelling with a fellow TBI friend in this epic feat.
I love and thrive being active, I walk and I run, I get a sense of independence that nothing or no one else can give me. I’m not disabled, I’m differently abled. I will stand up and fight harder and live harder. I have learned that it’s not about how many times you fail but it’s about how many times you get up and try again.
Cost breakdown, please note this is for 2 people - My caregiver and myself
Flights R16000 (R32000 for 2 people)
Accommodation R8000 (R16000 for 2 people)
Food R2500 (R5000 for 2 people)
Bevan’s Race entry R5000
Admin and Application fee R1500
Running shoes R3500
Remaining funds will go to Bevans training for the marathon
I will not this let this injury defeat or define me. Please help me realise my dream and succeed in my 2019 challenge.
- Oct 09, 2019 - R 500.00
- "I know how much you love the 2017 marathon... may this one trump that! You're a legend Bev! " - Caro Edey van Wyk
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 359.87
- "Wishing you all the best at the NY marathon Bevan - super proud of you!" - Neo Mokoena
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 1 542.30
- "Bevan - you're an inspiration! Good luck for New York and enjoy it!!!" - Linds
- Jul 06, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Hope this gets you there" - Neal
- Jun 26, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Good luck Bevan. You are a Star!" - Caren Laubscher
- Apr 05, 2019 - R 2 500.00
- "Good Luck. Keep it up." - Richard Loffell
- Mar 16, 2019 - USD $ 138.76
- "Hi Bevan. Hope you have great race and that you break 2 hours 5 mins. Ok, not that fast; well, have fun anyway!" - Sally & Charles
- Mar 08, 2019 - USD $ 119.44
- "Best of luck!!" - Stacey
- Mar 04, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Good luck!" - Anton van Niekerk
- Mar 04, 2019 - USD $ 35.25
- "Good luck my love :)" - Ange
Bevan Oschger NY Marathon Cause
I have completed the 2017 NYC marathon, Telkom 94.7 cycle challenge 2018 and now I have been accepted to tackle the 2019 NYC marathon. This time, I am paying it forward, I am training and travelling with a fellow TBI friend in this epic feat.
Please help to spread the word