Get Charmaine to The University of Sheffield
- By: Charmaine Stinge
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/get-charmaine-to-the-university-of-sheffie
Hi! I am Charmaine Stinge, from Cape Town, South Africa. I am 24 years old. I have Completed a bachelors degree in Psychology and Social Development, and recently graduated with an honours degree specializing in Social Development.
I am a passionate academic and an aspiring world changer! I am honoured that the University of Sheffield would select me for a masters in International Development. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think such an opportunity would come my way.
My deepest desire is to fight for social justice and positive social change. I have the amazing opportunity to go and study at the University of Sheffield this coming September, and I believe that the nature of this masters degree will bring me closer to seeing that desire fulfilled.
During my undergraduate years, I knew I had always wanted to further my studies and receive a masters degree. I decided to dream bigger than I ever have and to step out of my comfort zone and study abroad! However, I am unable to find funding despite expansive research and would love to see this dream come true!
My passion is development, and how socioeconomic development can powerfully and positively impact a country and bring social justice and unity to its people! The masters degree at the University of Sheffield that I have enrolled for will expand my knowledge and skills so that when I come back to South Africa I can help bring social justice and positive social change in South Africa.
Due to the course starting in September, I need to reach my full target by the 31st of August!
The full amount required for the year is R800 000 (60 000 USD / 46 000 pounds)
Thus, I have three months or less to raise funds for my school fees: R395 000 / 22 600 pounds / 29 000 USD.
Accommodation (for the year): R121 000 / 7 000 pounds / 9 000 USD.
This is the first half of my campaign in which I hope to raise at least half of the money for my fees and cover my visa costs! Then will launch the second half of my campaign at a later time.
Once I complete this masters program I aim to come back to South Africa and apply for a job in government in the department of Social Development. Long term, I believe this degree will set me up to bring social justice, empower the marginalized, allow me to positvely impact my country and it's people and help me serve my country.
- Aug 24, 2019 - USD $ 30.00
- "Love you! Praying for you and can't wait to visit you when you're studying!" - Terri
- Aug 12, 2019 - USD $ 50.17
- "Good Luck! Thank Ellie Anderson for this donation!" - Linda Carlson
- Jul 22, 2019 - USD $ 17.94
- "Best of luck, Charmaine! Love you!" - Paula
- Jul 11, 2019 - USD $ 50.00
- "Love you girl!" - Clayton Jones
- Jul 09, 2019 - USD $ 10.00
- "May God open doors x" - Anonymous
- Jul 08, 2019 - USD $ 100.20
- "You got this fam!!" - Constantina Hug
- Jul 07, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Love you so so so much! " - Amy
- Jul 06, 2019 - USD $ 70.89
- "You are a champion of life ?" - Becky
- Jul 06, 2019 - R 102.82
- "All the best!" - Calvin
- Jul 01, 2019 - R 514.10
- "We love you, sis! God bless! ??" - Rush & Esh x
- Jun 27, 2019 - R 300.00
- "Be blessed you absolute blessing ????" - Caro
- Jun 26, 2019 - R 205.64
- "All the best to you Queen! May your cup runneth over??????????????????????" - Nancy
- Jun 26, 2019 - R 200.00
- "I've been here before and God was faithful. All the best!" - Ropa
- Jun 26, 2019 - R 111.00
- "I believe in you and I love what our Father has placed in your heart so that they may know ????" - Kangai