Give Zanita hope! Disability does not mean inability.
- By: Estie Serfontein
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/give-zanita-hope
Our beautiful girl, Zanita was born on 6 November 2015. At one week old, Zanita was diagnosed with a very rare genetic syndrome, Cri du Chat.
Zanita is such a strong-willed little girl and would love more independence in terms of mobility and speech, a better future and quality of life. She is very determined and trying her best to improve her abilities. Thus far, she managed to bum shuffle and desperately tries to stand on her feet with much assistance. She can successfully pull herself onto her knees.
By maximising her chances of earlier success, she requires help through continuous therapy such as physio-, occupational- and speech therapy, as well as special equipment including a walking frame to assist with reaching basic milestones like walking. Medically, Zanita is required to go for x-rays and sonars on a quarterly basis to determine if any surgeries are necessary, as many children with her condition develop conditions such as hip dysplasia and scoliosis due to their physical restrictions.
Currently, Zanita, who is 3 years old, is behind “normal” milestones. She is non-verbal, cannot feed herself, eats mostly pureed foods and is unable to get up, although she constantly attempts to do so with her limited available resources. She cannot stand or walk by herself yet. According to the experts, Zanita will be mentally disabled and physically limited.
Any contributions towards Zanita’s cause will be highly appreciated as this is all very expensive and not affordable with our income.
Thank you very much.
- Dec 08, 2018 - R 1 028.20
- "Hoop dit maak vir julle 'n verskil. Alle sterkte!" - Christopher Groenewald
- Nov 14, 2018 - R 1 028.20
- "Sterkte" - Britse
- Oct 25, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Sterkte vir julle jong" - Jamine
- Oct 11, 2018 - R 1 000.00
- "Jul is spesiale ouers, seën vir jul. " - Rochelle Swart
- Oct 11, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Liefde" - Sanmarie
- Oct 11, 2018 - R 1 060.00
- "Geloof, Hoop en Liefde " - Oupa en Ouma
- Oct 11, 2018 - R 210.00
- "Good luck julle. Ons dra graag by! Liefde " - Anika en Berno
- Oct 10, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Every donation makes a difference" - Natasha