Go Beyond the #
- By: Bronwyn Moore
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/gobeyond
Victims of rape need to take PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) to minimize their risk of contracting HIV from their rapists.
They need to take PEP with food. Many rape survivors cannot afford food so they stop taking their PEP.
Your donation means we can buy enough instant oats to give to rape survivors so they have food security for the duration of their PEP protocol.
We are the Victims Assistance Coordinating Officers at the District Surgeon responsible for aftercare for rape survivors, we will ensure each survivor leaves not only with their PEP, but with food to ensure they can continue to take this critical medication.
Your contribution will have a direct and potentially life-saving impact to survivors of rape.
- Jan 26, 2020 - R 300.00
- "Thank you, from the parishioners of St George's. " - Anglican church of st George, Silvertown
- Jan 17, 2020 - USD $ 13.85
- "Thank you" - Anonymous
- Jan 15, 2020 - R 2 500.00
- "Nautilus Crew is supporting this worthy cause. Rape is an epidemic in SA, the victims need as much support as possible, food is a basic that needs to be provided so at least they can take the medis." - Nautilus Crew
- Dec 18, 2019 - USD $ 10.40
- "At Mark Moore's request" - Gary Johnson
- Dec 18, 2019 - USD $ 13.87
- "Love" - Rod
- Dec 16, 2019 - USD $ 55.87
- "Merry Christmas." - Fam. Martherus-Kalf
- Dec 14, 2019 - USD $ 45.00
- "Good initiative " - Margot
- Dec 13, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Wonderful initiative. Well done" - Angeline Nyamunetsa
- Dec 13, 2019 - USD $ 13.64
- "Good job everyone! Keep going!" - Nicole Strydom
- Dec 12, 2019 - USD $ 33.87
- "How can we NOT" - Jock
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Great initiative Bron. Wish I could give more. xxx" - Cindi
- Dec 02, 2019 - R 100.00
Thank you for helping me help you make a difference in the vulnerable’s lives." - Mish
- Nov 30, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Let's end rape and rape culture!" - Claire
- Nov 29, 2019 - USD $ 17.44
- "Keep going xxx" - Justine Spruyt
- Nov 29, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Thank you for doing this invaluable work" - Anonymous
Community Cohesion is a registered NPC (Non-Profit Company). We are Victim Empowerment Specialists offering direct services to victims of Violence and Crime. Our team of professionals offer therapeutic counselling, emotional resilience building group work and social education workshops.
Part of our service is to provide the practical assistance victims require around obtaining Protection Orders, getting into places of safety and working as a liaison between the SAPS, the client and the Courts.
We are the Victim Assistance Co-ordinating Officers for our Forensic Hospital for survivors of rape, ensuring that they receive a continuum of psycho-social care, closest to the place they live.
Our guiding ethos is: Nor for, but with. We do not make any decisions for our clients, we inform them as to their Rights and options and then walk that path with them.
This is real empowerment.