Grant's Cycle Tour Challenge for Mamelani Projects 2016
- By: Grant Rock
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/grants-cycle-tour-challenge-for-mamelani
I will be participating in the Cape Town Cycle Tour in honour of an organisation called Mamelani Projects. Aside from the personal challenge of riding the Cape Town Cycle Tour, I will be joining 30 other riders in an effort to raise awareness and funds for Mamelani Projects, an organisation that is committed to walking alongside people in their development.
Mamelani Projects has 2 flagship programmes. Their Youth Development Programme supports young people who are transitioning out of state care and their Community Health Programme shares essential health information with women to enable them to make informed choices and take action to improve their health and the health of their families.
The R6000 that is raised ensures that Mamelani is able to offer learning opportunities to their participants in ways that truly enable them to take the next steps towards reaching their own personal goals. R6000 enables 12 women to attend an 8-week long workshop series that builds confidence and health knowledge. It can also enable a young person to start a paid internship, and prepare for the world of work.
Please help me reach my goal of raising R6000 to create these kinds of opportunities for the people that Mamelani works with.
- Mar 23, 2016 - R 369.00
- "better late than never" - anonymous
- Mar 06, 2016 - USD $ 24.73
- "Congrats!" - Hayley
- Mar 06, 2016 - USD $ 34.34
- "Vasbyt boet " - Brett, Di, Casey, Jenna
- Mar 06, 2016 - R 977.85
- "Great effort cousin!" - Anonymous
- Mar 05, 2016 - R 307.50
- "Good luck bud, be strong out there, ride like a machine." - Craig
- Mar 03, 2016 - R 500.00
- "Good luck, Grant. Great cause" - Leslie, Julia, Eitan, Maya and Adina
- Mar 03, 2016 - R 512.50
- "Good luck and hope your ride goes well!!!" - Dee and Ron
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 1 025.00
- "A worthy cause - good luck!" - Jonathan Benson
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 768.75
- "Best luck Rocketman! Great cause" - Rob Warren
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 102.50
- "Nice haircut" - Stacy Fagan
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 1 107.00
- "Good luck! Look after your testicles :) " - Daniel Shmukler
- Feb 28, 2016 - R 205.00
- "Good luck Grant! And well done for supporting this cause!" - Helena Zagaretos
- Feb 24, 2016 - R 615.00
- "To get the ball rolling! :)" - Grant
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here