Greg Bloom-Salm Watch a Thon
- By: Greg Bloom-Salm
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/greg-bloom-salmwatchathon
I am part of the Watch-a-Thon team raising funds for Hotel Hope who care for orphaned, abused and vulnerable children, as well as providing support, counsel and skills development to young pregnant mothers in the Alexandra township. We're raising funds for Hotel Hope so that they can continue growing and providing shelter for the people in their care.
The Sleepy Gecko Guest House will be hosting a charity event - 'Watch a Thon' - on 6 July 2012 from 6pm. The idea is to have 20 contestants who will watch movies for as long as possible without falling asleep. Each contestant has a target to raise R1000.- by being sponsored for each hour they stay awake.
If you'd like to participate please contact Mapule at 0114844000 or register as a Charity Champion at www.backabuddy.co.za, To donate, please click on the Donate Now button on the right. Please give generously. All proceeds will go direct to HOTEL HOPE MINISTRIES. Thanks for caring. Regards, Greg
The event rules are:
1) The contestant's main task is to stay awake for as long as poossible so that they can raise as much money as possible
2) All refreshments shall be provided throughout the day/night
3) Contestants shall be responsible for e-mailing their appeals and collecting their sponsor's donations within 48 hours of the event.
4) Donors should make their credit card or EFT donations by clicking on the Donate Now button on the right.
5) Each contestant's value per hour will be calculated before the event.
6) Where poossible, donations given without a time rate applied should be entered onto the system before the event
7) All contestants should register as a Hotel Hope Charity Champion on the Backabuddy system, www.backabuddy.co.za,
8) The contestant raising the most funds will win a weekend for 2 at Sleepy Gecko Guest House - valued at R1600. The contestant staying awake the longest will also win a prize.
9) Contestants will be entitled to one 15 minute smoke/toilet break per hour
Remember, this is for a wonderful cause!
- Jun 20, 2012 - R 200.00
- "Go Greg!!" - Sleepy Gecko
Hotel Hope Ministries
We aim to ensure that every child is brought up in a safe, happy and healthy home so that they can grow up and develop into responsible & positive adults. We have a holistic approach to the problem of orphaned and abandoned children. We realise that we equally need to focus on the cause of the problem and not only on the symptoms. We focus on: BABIES IN NEED: Creating several small family style foster homes for orphaned and abandoned babies; MOTHERS IN CRISIS: Providing support to young mothers facing unplanned pregnancies; SOCIAL ENTERPRISE: Providing jobs and skills development opportunities