Greg Bloom-Salm Watch a Thon
- By: Greg Bloom-Salm
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/greg-bloom-salmwatchathon
- Date Created: 9 April 2020
R 1 000
I am part of the Watch-a-Thon team raising funds for Hotel Hope who care for orphaned, abused and vulnerable children, as well as providing support, counsel and skills development to young pregnant mothers in the Alexandra township. We're raising funds for Hotel Hope so that they can continue growing and providing shelter for the people in their care.
The Sleepy Gecko Guest House will be hosting a charity event - 'Watch a Thon' - on 6 July 2012 from 6pm. The idea is to have 20 contestants who will watch movies for as long as possible without falling asleep. Each contestant has a target to raise R1000.- by being sponsored for each hour they stay awake.
If you'd like to participate please contact Mapule at 0114844000 or register as a Charity Champion at www.backabuddy.co.za, To donate, please click on the Donate Now button on the right. Please give generously. All proceeds will go direct to HOTEL HOPE MINISTRIES. Thanks for caring. Regards, Greg
The event rules are:
1) The contestant's main task is to stay awake for as long as poossible so that they can raise as much money as possible
2) All refreshments shall be provided throughout the day/night
3) Contestants shall be responsible for e-mailing their appeals and collecting their sponsor's donations within 48 hours of the event.
4) Donors should make their credit card or EFT donations by clicking on the Donate Now button on the right.
5) Each contestant's value per hour will be calculated before the event.
6) Where poossible, donations given without a time rate applied should be entered onto the system before the event
7) All contestants should register as a Hotel Hope Charity Champion on the Backabuddy system, www.backabuddy.co.za,
8) The contestant raising the most funds will win a weekend for 2 at Sleepy Gecko Guest House - valued at R1600. The contestant staying awake the longest will also win a prize.
9) Contestants will be entitled to one 15 minute smoke/toilet break per hour
Remember, this is for a wonderful cause!
- Jun 20, 2012 - R 200.00
- "Go Greg!!" - Sleepy Gecko
Hotel Hope Ministries
We are a fully registered South African charity, making the country better in 3 key areas since 2008:
Children in Need
3 Children's homes in Melville and Westdene as well as a Montessori Pre-school stream exclusively for our children. Currently 22 kids under the age of 9, and 110 kids since inception in 2011. 88 of our children have been adopted locally or internationally or have been re-united with birth family or extended family. 5 of our kids now live in Holland, 1 in Austria, 3 in Finland, 2 in Norway etc. etc. (Stand Apr 2020)
Mothers in Crisis Pregnancy Situations:
We work through 5 high schools in Alexandra and help pregnant learners make wise decisions around pregnancy, child birth and child care. Involved in several thousand teenage crisis pregnancies since 2008
3 Charity Shops in Melville providing training opportunities for disadvantaged people groups and an income for the charity as well as an amazing carpentry workshop where we upcycle broken industrial pallets into storage boxes and children's furniture.
We generate 30% of our annual budget through our own social trading activities.
Please also visit our website www.hotelhopeministries.org and follow us on Facebook @HotelHope. We also have a good youtube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z76a0pIgYmQ , giving you an impression of our work both in Melville as well as in Alexandra.