GSB Alumni Reunion Weekend 2020
- By: Kate Wardle
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/gsb-alumni-reunion-weekend-2020
This year marks the first GSB Alumni Reunion weekend that is being hosted virtually.
As this is (hopefully) a once-off, we are encouraging you to donate to our chosen charity RLabs in lieu of buying a ticket. Or choose to sponsor a participant in 3Peaks. Alumni reunion tickets are typically around R400. We are trying to raise R15,000, which will mean 30 food parcels for a family of five. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we encourage all GSB Alumni to support this cause.
RLabs is an innovative, award winning NGO that has developed an in-house platform called Zlto. The platform is zero rated so no data is required. Over 100,000 unemployed youth are registered. We felt it was a great fit with the theme of The Connected World.
The Zlto platform lists micro jobs that can include community work or completing nano training units. It allows participants to accrue Zlto points, which can then be exchanged for cash vouchers to be used in major supermarkets.
All money raised will go directly to RLab's food parcel voucher scheme. A R500 grocery voucher can be earned through completing tasks. Why a voucher? It is more practical than physical food parcels, but more than that, it restores a sense of dignity as young people can work for the money and choose what to buy.
Donate what you can - it is much appreciated.
Kate Herbert & Steve Burnett MBA FT 2010
(This fundaraiser has been discussed and agreed with the GSB and all alumni are encouraged to donate,)
- Oct 27, 2020 - R 528.75
- "Onwards and upwards!" - Eve Heyns-Markowitz
- Oct 25, 2020 - R 1 000.00
- "Collectively we can make the world a better place..well done guys!" - Solution Strategists
- Oct 24, 2020 - USD $ 123.56
- "Great initiative! Good luck to the runners!" - Anonymous
- Oct 24, 2020 - R 1 057.50
- "Proud GSB Alumni! Supporting the GSB's success every step of the way!" - Kumeshnee & Ashwin West - 2011 & 2007-2008 MBA
- Oct 24, 2020 - R 1 057.50
- "Good luck to all runners! Great initiative" - Anonymous
- Oct 24, 2020 - USD $ 61.78
- "Shared with love" - Jonathan Davies
- Oct 23, 2020 - R 1 000.00
- "Thanks for organising this Kate & Steve - and good luck to all participants for Sunday's race!" - Kosta Kontos
- Oct 23, 2020 - R 1 057.50
- "Great initiative!" - Trevor Allnutt
- Oct 23, 2020 - USD $ 12.27
- "Thank you for organizing a wonderful alumni weekend!" - Sophia Campello Beckwith
- Oct 23, 2020 - R 211.50
Paying it forward!" - Anonymous
- Oct 20, 2020 - R 317.25
- "great to support this initiave" - steven burnett
- Oct 13, 2020 - R 317.25
- "Excellent initiative " - Anonymous
- Oct 12, 2020 - USD $ 60.70
- "MBA FT 2010" - Leor Hurwitz
Reconstructed Living Lab
RLabs is a South African award-winning non-profit company, established in 2009 in Bridgetown, Cape Town. We have since expanded the RLabs model to 23 countries across 5 continents impacting more than 15 million people through our work.
The main aim of RLabs is to create environments and systems where people are impacted, empowered and transformed through HOPE, Innovation, Technology, Training and Economic Opportunities. To date, more than 200,000 people have accessed RLabs skills, training and economic empowerment programmes.