Hanel's Swahili Channel swim for charity
- By: Hanel van Reenen
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/hanels-swahili-channel-swim-for-charity
A person's a person no matter how small. Dr Seuss
My first MAD swim and I am so excited to be apart of this project. A combination of a few of my passions: swimming, Africa, adventure and the opportunity to make a difference by doing what I love.
A 35km Swahili Chanel Crossing on 10 October 2015 - Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam. Once again Madswimmers are raising funds for a worthy cause. Funds raised will go to a children's cancer home/ refuge at the Muhimbili Hospital as well as to the development of a local swimming school in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The challenge this time is to swim from Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam in one day, that’s a whopping 35km with challenges of ferries, major swells, currents, jelly fish and topped off with possible whale sharks - MAD. I will be swimming in relay and aim to complete 10 - 12 km.
Please show your support and donate to a worthy cause - Every cent counts!
- Oct 14, 2015 - R 1 500.00
- "GELUK !" - Pieter Aucamp ( ASL)
- Oct 14, 2015 - R 1 000.00
- "You go girl! So trots op jou-geniet elke oomblik, vlg keer kom swem ek saam x " - Melanie
- Oct 13, 2015 - R 1 025.00
- "Well done! Respek...van 'n mede-swemmer." - JP van Onselen
- Oct 12, 2015 - R 350.00
- "Swem Hanel! Sweeeemmmm!!" - Suzanne
- Oct 09, 2015 - R 200.00
- "Sterkte sus !" - Niel & Lara Kirsten
- Oct 07, 2015 - R 512.50
- "Jy is n inspirasie, en n bietjie mal" - christo en mariette
- Oct 07, 2015 - R 102.50
- "Geniet elke oomblik van hierdie amazing adventure! Mx" - Gooooo Hennie!
- Oct 02, 2015 - R 510.00
- "Sterkte, liewe Hanel! Jy is 'n inspirasie en ons is baie trots op jou!" - Karen & Klaus
- Sep 29, 2015 - R 1 010.00
- "Just keep going! Sterkte my skat!" - Schalk (your biggest fan)
- Sep 29, 2015 - R 1 000.00
- "Geniet dit !" - Charlotte Andrag
- Sep 25, 2015 - R 500.00
- "Enjoy!" - Theron: Chris en Gerda
- Sep 25, 2015 - R 300.00
- "Sterkte vriendin" - Helena Griessel
- Sep 24, 2015 - R 512.50
- "Safe Swimming cous. Worthy cause. You're an inspiration. " - Liani Uys
- Sep 23, 2015 - R 510.00
- "Sterkte Hanel !" - JD Kirsten
- Sep 22, 2015 - R 205.00
- "I am sure you will love the experience but rather you than me. Swim safe - " - Anne Harriss
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established business men and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 7 years.