Hannes' Cycle Tour Challenge for Mamelani Projects 2019
- By: Hannes Venter
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/hannes-cycle-tour-challenge-for-mamelani
I will be participating in the Cape Town Cycle Tour in honour of an organisation called Mamelani Projects. Aside from the personal challenge of riding the Cape Town Cycle Tour, I will be joining 20 other riders in an effort to raise awareness and funds for Mamelani Projects, an organisation that is committed to walking alongside people in their development.
Mamelani Projects has 2 flagship programmes – one that contributes to community health and wellbeing and another that supports youth in transition. Their Youth Development Programme supports young people who have grown up in state care (Child and Youth Care Centres and former Children’s homes) who, when they turn 18, need to move on from these institutions. Mamelani’s Programme ensures that these young people do not fall through the gaps at this critical time and ensures that they are emotionally and practically prepared for the next chapter of their lives.
The R2000 that is raised ensures that Mamelani is able to offer learning opportunities to these young people in ways that truly enable them to have the confidence to take the next steps towards reaching their own personal goals and the resilience to deal with the challenges that they are faced with. The support we provide focuses on resilience-building activities, support for further education, the opportunity to start a paid internship and ultimately prepare for the world of work.
Please help me reach my goal of raising R2000 to create these kinds of opportunities for the young people that Mamelani works with.
- Mar 05, 2019 - R 110.00
- "Awesome stuff Hannew, good luck for the ride bru" - Nicholas Michaelides
- Mar 05, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Good luck Hannes" - Klaas
- Mar 05, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Fucks yes dude, dis awesome dat jy dit doen! Jammer ek kan nie meer neersit nie!" - Jamie Mitchell
- Feb 12, 2019 - USD $ 14.48
- "Very good project! Good luck Hannes! " - Manon & Benoit
- Feb 12, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Great cause. Good luck" - Reinette
- Feb 12, 2019 - USD $ 10.52
- "Good luck for a good cause." - David Burt
- Feb 11, 2019 - USD $ 7.34
- "Donated with love" - Belins
- Feb 11, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Lekker wader" - Dexter
- Feb 11, 2019 - R 205.64
- "sterkte bud!" - timo
- Feb 11, 2019 - USD $ 23.86
- "Lvj! Steph and Mark " - Steph
- Feb 11, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Go Hannes, I hope you're not riding on that bike in the picture haha" - Dana
- Feb 11, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Much love! " - Lily
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here