Hope for Hanno
- By: Johan Fourie
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/hanno-fourie
I am Johann Fourie, proud father to a beautiful but severely disabled boy, Hanno Fourie. We live in Durbanville. Our son is a miracle as it was said that he would not live past his 2nd birthday and would never speak. He is already 8 years old and the light of our life!
Hanno (8) was diagnosed in infancy with Spinal muscular atrophy Type 1. This means that he has profound muscle weakness of all his muscle groups as the messages that must travel between his brain and spinal cord to his muscles are not being relayed by the anterior horn cell. As such he is unable to breathe or eat on his own. He requires 24/7 ventilation through a tracheostomy (small tube in his neck that is connected to his windpipe) with a ventilator. He feeds through a small tube in his stomach. Hanno is unable to sit or even turn by himself which means that he is 100% dependent on his carers for all his needs. Despite all of this Hanno is completely awake, alert and very bright. His cognition is completely normal.
Hanno is unable to sit or walk and therefore has a specialised wheelchair. He requires a ventilator to support his breathing and he feeds through a special stomach tube. Despite his physical limitations Hanno is an intelligent, friendly and loving boy who lives a full and joyful life with his caring family. He has been an inspiration to many families and we salute his courage.
Private health care funders are not supporting parents to cover the cost of monthly supplies or any nursing care support Hence as his parents we are forced to raise all the funds themselves
We require approximately R45 000 per month to take care of Hanno's primary needs. So needless to say we require funds urgently.
Funds needed per month R44900
Used as follows:
Day to day treatment and care - R20500
Nappies - R1900
Medicine - R13500
Machines & equipment - R3000
Doctors - R6000
Private health care funders are not supporting parents to cover the cost of monthly supplies or any nursing care support. Hence we as his parents are forced to raise all the funds ourselves. The money will help us to give Hanno quality of life and keep him with us at home.
You can follow Hanno's progress here.
*Funds raised will be transferred directly to the Hanno Fourie Trust where the trustees are responsible to pay the relevant providers.*
- Aug 26, 2019 - R 500.00
- "God is so lief vir jou Hanno xxx" - Anonymous
- Aug 13, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Dankie vir wat julle saai in anders soos Ciska se lewens met soortgelyke behoeftes. " - Twanette
- Aug 13, 2019 - R 1 510.00
- "Mag God jou seen liefste Hanno, mag Sy wil met jou lewe geskiet. " - Anonymous
- Aug 12, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Sterkte Hanno" - Eimmot Snirp
- Aug 10, 2019 - R 507.50
- "???" - Liezel
- Aug 07, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Fil. 4:13" - Dankbaar
- Aug 07, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Strength and favour to your family " - Dippenaar Family
- Aug 07, 2019 - R 5 010.00
- "I'm extremely blessed within my business, also have the most beautiful family. They are my life and I would do anything for them do anything for them. I hope this donation will make a difference......" - Blessed Business Man
- Aug 06, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Wishing you all the best" - Stuart Tanner
- Aug 06, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "??" - Tannie Yols