Happy 10th Birthday Butterfly Art Project!
- By: Angela Katschke
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/happy-10th-birthday-bap
The Butterfly Art Project (BAP) is turning 10 years old. The organisation trains adults to bring healing through art to children from disadvantaged communities. This crowdfunding is to honour the efforts of BAP over the past decade and to keep the organisation functioning beyond the lockdown crises.
BAP continues to support, train and mentor 250 Community Art Facilitators to strengthen the well-being and mental health of at least 4000 children growing up in poverty, stuck in under resourced communities.
How will funds be used:
- R100.00 (5 Euro, 6 US Dollar) will provide one child with breakfast porridge, a fresh fruit and a home baked bread roll three times a week for 1 year.
- R200.00 (10 Euro, 12 US Dollar) will cover all printing costs for one BAP training module.
- R500.00 (25 Euro, 30 US Dollar) will provide our Love Bug children with peanut butter for their home baked rolls for 6 months.
- R1,000.00 ( 50 Euro, 60 Us Dollar) will provide 600 children with a fresh fruit when they attend healing art classes.
- R2,000.00 (100 Euro, 120 US Dollar) will train Community Art Facilitators (CAFs) with skills to work more effectively with hundreds of children.
- R3,000.00 (150 Euro, 180 US Dollar) will provide 30 Love Bug children with a healthy breakfast, snack and lunch for 6 months.
- R10,000.00 (500Euro, 600 US Dollar) will supply 16 Community Art Facilitators (CAFs) with enough implementation materials to work with hundreds of marginalised children many, many times.
- Oct 29, 2020 - R 1 000.00
- "Happy birthday. Well done for the ongoing commitment." - Anne and Clive Bruzas
- Oct 17, 2020 - USD $ 605.62
- "Happy Birthday to you! I‘am proud of you!" - Birgit Eckl
- Oct 17, 2020 - USD $ 30.28
- "Thank you, Angela, for being great! From Mila & Jonas" - Jonas
- Oct 17, 2020 - USD $ 12.11
- "Keep showing your heART!" - Maggie Wachtl
- Oct 09, 2020 - R 1 000.00
- "Happy Birthday BAP, and many many more! You are doing amazing work!" - Elinor Kern
- Oct 09, 2020 - R 2 000.00
Happy anniversary!!" - Marielle
- Sep 29, 2020 - USD $ 117.34
- "Love and grace for your work" - Igor
- Sep 21, 2020 - USD $ 61.78
- "Liebe Angela, dein Projekt ist und bleibt toll! " - Anja aus Ingolstadt
- Sep 19, 2020 - USD $ 183.68
- "I saw the benefits of your project when I visited with NEA/EF in 2019. I hope to connect my students to your project in 2021. God bless!" - Michael A. Pope
Donations to dateR 45 699.73
Fundraising targetR 100 000.00
Funds raised offlineR 25 000.00 Donate
The Butterfly Art Project
A community of active facilitators, who use their BAP skills in vulnerable communities, to bring about healing, healthy social lives and inspire others through art.
BAP encourages creativity and healing through art to build strong communities of active, artistic and stable citizens that can recognise and utilise opportunities. By partnering with diverse educational institutions, offering mentorships, training for educators and art practitioners to run healing art classes in vulnerable communities, we build resources for a creative network for a greater South Africa and beyond.
- Commitment to Change