- By: St Josephs
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/happy-nappy
Every 24 hours we use about 970 disposable nappies in our five wards.
Last year our operational bill to buy nappies cost more than R300,000. This is a huge expense the Home faces every year. So, we have come up with a plan - a HAPPY NAPPY campaign ...for the second year running! It will run from the 1st of July to the 20th of September.
Last year we had real lift off when, thanks to so many donations - cash and in kind- collected:R23, 315 and collected 16,405 nappies which lead to a total saving of R81,408. Staff, Individuals, companies, volunteer groups and business took our call to heart! We appeal to all OUR FRIENDS to help us and to make this a brilliant campaign for the children.
This year we would like to double the nappies! which means double the cash, the in kind nappies and deliver in an ever bigger way. We are partnering with BackaBuddy and 67give and hope to strengthen our campaign and we hope to stretch the campaign far and wide!
We hope to raise R50 000, collect 40 000 nappies and have a total saving of R120 000!
How can you help?
- Make a donation to our crowdfunding campaign (One bag of nappies cost R230)
- Drop a pack/s of nappies at St Joseph’s;
- Don't have anything to do on Mandela Day? Why not sign up as a patron for 67give and raise funds towards our goal.
The United Presbyterian Church in Southern Africa recently held their annual conference in Cape Town. SJH felt honoured to host them. Part of the generous donation was a R2 000 cheque to launch our nappy campaign!
Catherine Du Plooy
- Jul 21, 2018 - R 230.00
- "Good work" - Mary Morgan
- Jul 18, 2018 - R 67.00
- "Happy Nappy" - Dane Sables
- Jul 02, 2018 - R 308.46
- "God bless you all. " - Lynne & Patrick Cornelissen
- Jun 27, 2018 - R 308.46
- "All babies need love and care - and nappies" - laura schultz
- Jun 25, 2018 - R 205.64
- "StJ 's patients are special" - Alrika Hefers
- Jun 25, 2018 - R 50.00
- "Amazing organisation! " - Catherine
Donations to dateR 27 264.56
Fundraising targetR 50 000.00
Funds raised offlineR 26 095.00 Donate
St. Joseph's Home For Chronically Ill Children
St Joseph’s Home (SJH) for Chronically Ill Children is a registered non-profit organization which has been a pioneer in the field of paediatric intermediate health care in South Africa. We provide free transitional care for chronically ill children from disadvantaged families, from hospital to home through a holistic health and wellness programme. Patients are referred from State Hospitals to continue with post-acute, restorative, palliative and rehabilitative care.