Have a Heart Equine Sanctuary - FEED FUND
- By: Jamie Collins
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/have-a-heart-equine-sanctuary
At Have a Heart Equine Sanctuary our mission is - To provide a place of safety, care and rehabilitation for horses that have been abused, abandoned or are unmanageable to their current owners.
Our finances are severely strained by having to feed and treat all 50 of the horses on our farm, however we cannot turn a blind eye to the horrific abuse on horses in our province. We are a pro-life Sanctuary and although we are based in Bonnievale, Western Cape, we will assist in any area of the Western Cape.
In January 2019 we took in 5 extremely emaciated horses in just one week. EDIT: 01 February saw us take in another severely neglected mare, with hooves in a shocking condition. Seeing these beautiful creatures in such a state is simultaneously infuriating and heartbreaking. We make every effort to first educate owners before we remove horses, however, there are unfortunately many people who cannot or often will not make an effort to improve their horses condition.
Three of these horses are from people who thought that mealies were a suitable diet and were not willing to change the horse's feed due to financial reasons. Unfortunately it seems that these horses have been in such a state for years and our only regret is that we were not around earlier to save these poor souls.
We are only able to continue to fulfill our mission with the help of the public. Currently we go through the following daily:
10 bales of oathay or lucerne
50 kg bag whole or crushed oats
20 kg of Balancer pellets
We also use supplements like fenugreek and voerdokter.
Please help us and sponsor our feed for February and March 2019:
R100 a bale of hay
R275 bag of oats
R485 bag of Balancer pellets
Or your own amount
Your donations are greatly appreciated, we could not continue without support from all you amazing supporters.
- Dec 18, 2020 - USD $ 1 508.92
- "I am so very grateful for what you are doing and for the suffering you are relieving. Please let me know when you need help. I hope this will bring you the batteries, fences and water you need." - Emy
- Dec 20, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Diesel donation.... thanks" - Jen Seggie
- Dec 04, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Thank you for all that you do, you guys rock!" - Julie Morton
- Jan 30, 2019 - R 101.50
- "Blessings to all beings" - Namaste
- Jan 29, 2019 - USD $ 36.60
- "You guys are doing such amazing work! Thank you for loving these poor babies so beautifully" - Olivia