HAWS Clinic Upgrade
- By: Linda Spencer-Coye
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/haws-clinic-upgrade
The approximate 3.5 Hectare property on which HAWS has been located for the last 11 years was recently offered to HAWS to purchase. An estate agent's valuation of the property was double the amount that was finally settled on as the heirs of the property wished to assist HAWS in their endeavours. HAWS is ecstatic to announce that our organization has been blessed with the full amount of the purchase price by the husband of one of the original founders of HAWS. This is a huge relief for HAWS as to expand it's services and improve it's kennel facilities it is imperative for HAWS to own the land on which it is based. HAWS could not justify putting public funds into more permanent structures on rented land. We are over the moon with this Blessing.
Besides running the kennels, HAWS has been operating a small sterilization clinic operating twice week for the past 7 years and has sterilized over 5000 animals during this time. At the beginning of October 2019 HAWS appointed a full time veterinarian in order to expand on the sterilization clinic and to be able to offer more comprehensive veterinary care to the public.
The existing buildings on the property, which include a house and various outbuildings can, in due course, be converted for HAWS needs but for our first project we need to upgrade our exisitng clinic.
Please help us to achieve our goals in making HAWS into a self-sufficient operation that can generate enough funds that, together with donations received, can help more and more animals that need our assistance in our area of Madibeng. Every R20, R50, R100, R500, R1000 and more is very much appreciated and will go to the project that you choose to donate towards. HAWS is really sincerely committed to helping the animals that come into our care. Thank you!
- Apr 25, 2020 - R 262.50
- "Thank you for everything yo do for our animals xxx" - Estée Struwig
- Dec 05, 2019 - R 2 056.40
- "Challenge - To local small business' to match donation. " - Izak - IPA Electronics
- Dec 05, 2019 - USD $ 7.23
- "X" - Katherine
- Dec 03, 2019 - USD $ 5.73
- "Keep it up!" - Bev
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Thank you for your hard work HAWS. " - Ingrid Enthoven
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Thank you for all the great work you do." - Rough Family
- Nov 29, 2019 - R 203.00
- "What a great initiative " - Sue Crothall
Hartbeespoort Animal Welfare Society
Who we are…
HAWS is a registered non-profit organization that provides welfare services for abandoned, neglected and abused pets as well as farm and wild animals in the area of Madibeng which includes Harbeespoort and Brits. HAWS also has a sterilization clinic for the animals of less privileged members of our community. HAWS receives no assistance from the municipality of Madibeng and relies solely on donations from the public and fundraising activities.
HAWS’ Aims and Objectives
- Reducing the number of animals that come into our kennels by offering sterilization for the animals belonging to underprivileged members of our community.
- Educating the public in the care of domestic animals and raising awareness of the consequences of ignorance and indifference in the treatment of all animals.
- Addressing complaints of animal abuse in the community.
- Rehabilitation of abandoned, neglected or abused domestic animals and re-homing them into loving homes.
- Assist in finding the appropriate facilities for any wildlife or farm animals that need care or attention.