- By: Heindrich Kotze
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/heindrich-kotze
My name is Heindrich Jimmy Kotze. In September 2012, I was involved in a terrible car accident, leaving me in a wheelchair with a traumatic brain injury as well as a spinal cord injury.
I have participated and completed 3 (2016,2017 and 2019) 94.7 Cycle challenges. I have ridden partnership with Eugene Gerber as the Charioteer, and 4 rotating pushers, helpers on the day (Andrew Farrer the head pusher.) The team have ridden under the banner of the Trojans Neurological Trust (TNT).
As the training progressed, they faced numerous challenges and it became clear that the chariot needed major re-engineering, repairs and replacement of parts for the chariot to be in a working condition.
This is a friendly appeal for any contributions towards covering these costs, which would be much appreciated. If you are able to and would like to help, please make your contribution to my campaign. Any funds raised over and above what is needed will be donated to Trojans Neurological Trust.
By reaching my target I hope to raise awareness of spinal and traumatic brain injuries. Hopefully, raise more funds for the treatment of people with these conditions that are less fortunate.
Funds raised will be used to cover:
new axle - 5000
new internally geared hub - 5000
new breaklever that controls 2 discs - 5000
imported new frame from USA - 15000
- Jan 15, 2020 - R 2 000.00
- "Go Jimmy! Wishing you all the best. " - Shaz, Petri, Yanna, André & Casey R.
- Dec 16, 2019 - R 308.46
- "Go Jimmy" - Nadet Budnik
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 257.05
- "Beat wishes for success with your project." - Anon
- Nov 26, 2019 - R 5 000.00
Good luck with the project" - Humphrey
- Nov 25, 2019 - R 2 056.40
Best of luck reaching your goal. Andrew Farrer thank you for raising awareness ." - Michelle Boonzaier
- Nov 22, 2019 - USD $ 7.17
- "Best of luck" - Anonymous
- Nov 22, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Support for a great cause & team" - Lionel
- Nov 22, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Good luck Heindrich, maybe we must add solar panels" - Anonymous