Help Otsile fight DIPG
- By: Otsile Nkweba
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/help-otsile-fight-dipg
Otsile sadly passed away on 2 February 2019 after his brief but brave fight. The funds raised will go towards his funeral and unpaid medical bills. Thank you so much for your support.
This little six year old boy is Otsile. He is in hospital fighting a terrible brain cancer called Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG). He should be running outside and laughing and singing. But the tumor has already affected his mobility and speech.
Otsile was diagnosed with DIPG in August 2018. It is rare, it has no cure, and it mercilessly targets kids between the ages of 4 and 9. Most of them will die within 9 months. Doctors often tell parents to go home and make memories. Niel Armstrong’s baby died of this disease in the 60’s and she had the same prognosis in the 60’s as Otsile has today! How is it possible that no medical advances have been made on treating this disease in more than 50 years!! The reason is that there is little to no funding by governments for research WORLDWIDE.
But there is HOPE. There are currently various medical trials taking place in the United States, Mexico, Europe and Australia. Mostly funded privately by communities through fundraising and also charities such as The Michael Mosier Foundation (DefeatDIPG.org) and thecurestartsnow.org.
This helps a lot, but there are still costs to the patients once accepted. We hope that Otsile will be accepted into one of these trials – it’s our only hope. Our doctor is in the process of engaging with the pharmaceutical company and we hope to have him assessed for trials soon. If that door closes, we'll try the next one until we can find him treatment. If we can't all donations will go towards any other care requirements for Otsile.
The funds will cover any treatment requirements including trial drugs as well as any travel, accommodation that is required. The trial drug that we are currently applying for costs around R15,000 per weekly dose. and treatment is likely to be for 6 months or longer (R360,000+)
Funds raised will be transferred to Otsile's family.
To read more about Otsile's progress, please click here.
We need your help! No donation is too small.
- Feb 05, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Get well soon little buddy" - Q
- Feb 02, 2019 - R 205.64
- "I pray for his healing in the Mighty Name of Jesus." - Zweli Tom
- Jan 27, 2019 - R 514.10
- "God is love, I pray that god see him through " - V M K
- Jan 26, 2019 - R 308.46
- "Fight and win Otsile ??Praying for you ??" - Romy
- Jan 25, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Thinking of you during this time of illness, and praying you will find strength in the Lord and his never ending supply of love." - Ntsaki Khuzwayo
- Jan 24, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Great is our Lord, and abundant in power" - Phathu
- Jan 23, 2019 - R 205.64
- "With GOD nothing is impossible... I trust in you..." - Daniel Ramasodi
- Jan 22, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Modimo o o Loreto o nne le wena Oratile. " - Malebo Mokgethi
- Jan 22, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Modimo fodisha Otsile" - Ikgabise Couture
- Jan 21, 2019 - R 100.00
- "We seeve a living. He is healed." - Funanani Tshililo
- Jan 21, 2019 - R 110.00
- "Will always pray for u to get well soon" - Anonymous
- Jan 21, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Hope the lil one fights through " - Ditebogo
- Jan 21, 2019 - R 60.00
- "This is heart breaking as a parent i try to imagine the pain, the worry..,.....but at the end of the day God is great and i am not saying this just because it has to be said but i believe in thoseword" - Tshepo Mokoena
- Jan 20, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Modimo Onalethata. Trust in Him" - Pulz
- Jan 20, 2019 - R 101.50
- "Praying for you and your family" - Khanyisa Shandlale
- Jan 20, 2019 - USD $ 15.21
- "Hoping a little can go a long way" - Mish
- Jan 20, 2019 - R 507.50
- "With God, all things are possible. Let your parents have peace with Gods decision on your fate. " - Kmv
- Jan 19, 2019 - R 50.75
- "Sending prayers Otsile x" - DP
- Jan 19, 2019 - USD $ 36.15
- "I wish you love and light. May your god protect you and keep you! " - Anonymous
- Jan 19, 2019 - R 205.64
- "May he be healed. " - TCP
- Jan 18, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Praying for you Otsile " - Anonymous
- Jan 18, 2019 - USD $ 15.33
- "We are praying for your healing" - KM
- Jan 18, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Nothing is Greater than the power of the almighty. " - Bonginkosi Madonsela
- Jan 18, 2019 - USD $ 76.66
- "Be strong young boy!" - Marc
- Jan 18, 2019 - R 101.50
- "With God all things are possible. I will pray for you" - Anonymous