Stem Cells for my brother
- By: Seema Ramraj
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/help-the-scrombonkle-walk
17th July 1991, Nyal Lachman, my cutest little baby brother was born. Unfortunately, he was born Cerebral Palsy. About 2 years later, we were told that he would not be able to walk. This shocking news devastated us. Physiotherapy was the only option given until an Orthopaedic surgeon performed a "Tendon Release" operation at the age of 4 and a "Hamstring Release" at 12 years. Even more shockingly, these 2 operations didn't help Nyal walk, instead, Nyal's legs and lovely feet got worse than what it was pre-op, even with physiotherapy.
Nyal has been in a wheelchair since. He is now 28 and has his own little dreams of being able to do things by himself. Currently, my parents see to all his daily needs and lifting him up, off his wheelchair, is most strenuous for them as they are both aging and really struggling. Helping Nyal become self-sufficient and to see him walk is our families biggest hope, there-of taking away all our worries concerning Nyal.
Nyal is due for his second boost of Stem Cells soon. This unfortunately is also way over our budget. Thanks to family, friends and all our donors known or anonymous, we managed to raise just enough for his 1st Procedure. After Nyal's 1st boost of Stem Cell Therapy (SCT), as the days and weeks went by, we noticed such amazing changes in him. He even looked brighter and happier. He has Physiotherapy everyday and is getting stronger all over his body. He is able to stand up with support wearing calipers made specially for him. He sits up on his wheelchair with more confidence. He does his physio with such happiness and hope, even trying to dance at times. So SCT(1) is doing Nyal a whole lot of good physically, mentally and emotionally. We are prepared to do all we can to get Nyal back to Neurogen, India (www.neurogenbsi.com).
My appeal to you is to help Nyal and our parents fulfil their dreams of his self-suffiency by help sending him to have his much needed 2nd SCT done. My parents are aging and struggling pensioners and don't have much more strength left in them to see to Nyal's daily requirements as he has become really heavy for them to cope, they really want this for him, to be able to help himself in all aspects of his life when they are no longer around.
The cost of the therapy for 2nd booster is R72 800 for SCT, for accommodation, preoperative investigations, transportation, for 5 days. * These are approximate charges which could be subject to change in future. * Postoperative medicines and medical assistive devices are not included in the package (Approximate cost – R9000 for 6 months medicine). Flights will cost approx. R28 491, Visas R12000, 3 to 4 extra days for physio, aqua therapy and OT - R8 400. + Hotel, transport to and from Neurogen, food and any extra costings not included in final amount...
It would be mainly through the magnanimity of you, our donors that our aim can be met. Please, we really do need and would love your help with helping Nyal become self-sufficient.
I'm excited by the prospective outcomes of this campaign and send you all my good wishes and hopes of your helping Nyal by donating to our cause. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to share Nyal's story, his hopes and dreams with you...
- Aug 14, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Best wishes on your medical journey..fingers crossed!" - Zerisha
- Aug 13, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Good luck on your journeym" - Anonymous
- Aug 13, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Wishing you a successful treatment. " - Vimal & Nicole Singh
- Aug 13, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Healing to you in Jesus name." - Robin Ragavadu Cancer Survivor
- Aug 12, 2019 - R 2 056.40
- "Wishing you everything of the best " - Trishna
- Mar 26, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Wishing you all the best with the treatment Nyal.." - Neren & family
- Feb 21, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best, my friend " - Yogendra Willi
- Feb 13, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Best of luck with your treatment Nyal!! " - Gavin Govender
- Feb 12, 2019 - R 5 141.00
- "All the best." - Anonymous
- Feb 01, 2019 - R 205.64
- "All the best guys." - Candice
- Jan 14, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "All the best Nyal!" - Arpana Panday
- Jan 11, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Donation from Pravina" - Pravina
- Jan 09, 2019 - USD $ 41.44
- "Wishing you all the best, Nyal. Sending you lots of love and praying that you get your treatment and that it is completely successful." - Pravina and Graham
- Jan 08, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best Nyal. Ruben, Lisha and Rihan" - Ruben
- Jan 06, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best.. may God have his hand over this surgery. " - Nirvasha Moodley
- Jan 05, 2019 - R 514.10
- "May the Lord be with you. " - Jennifer Anthoo
- Jan 05, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "All the best Nyal" - Thergen Naidoo
- Jan 04, 2019 - USD $ 161.68
- "Wishing you every success with for the treatment! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Love Natu mosa, Prathibha mosie, Rivashni, Dhanjeev, Aman, Shyan and Rishul." - UK Soni's & Marrie
- Jan 04, 2019 - USD $ 13.97
- "Best wishes young man!" - Brandon
- Jan 04, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Wish you all the best with the traetment" - Vinay Ramnath
- Jan 04, 2019 - USD $ 36.75
- "All the best!!" - Odette ANTHOO
- Jan 04, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Coreema" - Seema
- Jan 03, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Wishing you every success with your Stem Cell Therapy Nyal! Love, Robin Mausa, Meera Mausie, Manitha, Yathin, Riya, Vidhi, Shiksha, Rajesh and Sharan Aryan " - Bindapersad Family
- Dec 20, 2018 - R 514.10
- "For our Scrombonkle! Wishing u a safe and happy Stem Cell Therapy. Love u my hunny:) " - Seema Ramraj
Nyal Medical Cause
Meet Nyal, my handsome brother. He was born Cerebral Palsy and has had a tough life meeting different doctors and physiotherapists and even tried Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. My aim? To get Nyal self-sufficient so my aging parents, who don't have much strength left in them, don't strain themselves anymore and 1 day when they are no longer around to do everything for him, Nyal can help himself in all aspects of his life. Nyal has had Shot 1 of Stem Cell Therapy and it's amazing the drastic changes we've noticed in him, physically and mentally. He is happier, brighter and is now able to stand on his own with some support.I implore you to help me get Nyal back to Neurogen, India for his scripted Shot 2 of Stem Cells.
Please Help Us Spread The Word: