Please help the ABH cope with the effects of the Covid-19 virus
- By: Aryan Benevolent Home
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/helpabhcopewithcovid-19
Please help the ABH (based in South Africa) cope with the effects of the Covid-19 virus
Our Dear Brothers and Sisters
As we collectively face the Covid-19 virus, we ask that you please help the ABH which is based in South Africa.
The ABH is a 99-year-old charity that continues to provide succor on a 24-hour basis to the aged, frail, physically and mentally challenged, abused women and children during South Africa’s national lockdown.
The ABH is a national, registered Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) and Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) that provides services to more than 700 vulnerable persons daily. We provide a home and 750 000 meals per year to the aged, frail, children and victims of domestic violence.
Our nurses, carers, doctors and support staff are part of the essential services and they are braving the risks by working every day. Our 500 elderly residents have extremely low immune systems and they are understandably anxious about contracting the virus. The ABH protects and nurtures 152 children by providing a home for them. We also help thousands of abused women by providing them with free accommodation, food, and assistance.
This worldwide pandemic has taught us that we need to be responsible for each other as individuals, as a community, as citizens of our country and as citizens of the world. We appeal to you to please help the less fortunate. The ABH is a registered Public Benefit Organisation, so donations are tax-deductible. We will issue Section 18A tax exemption certificates.
Funds raised will be used in the following ways:
- Acquisition of masks, hand sanitisers, and gloves
- Purchase groceries for our 770 residents
- Purchase medication for our residents
- Pay for transport for our residents
- Pay our 400 staff their well-deserved salaries
Please note that some of the attached photos were taken prior to the Covid-19 pandemic.
For further information please email [email protected] or call 031 404 9523/061 477 7208.
Thank you for helping the ABH care, share and serve.
- Jul 29, 2020 - R 50.00
Jenny Muniah" - Snapscan
- Jul 29, 2020 - R 1 012.00
Thank you ABH team for the amazing work you have being doing all the time; now even more challenging with the craziness going on. Stay safe and GOD Bless you all!!!" - Sanje Hurrichuran
- Jul 29, 2020 - R 500.00
pay it forward" - Nitesh
- Jul 27, 2020 - USD $ 31.50
- " University of Durban Westville Computer Science Society. Information wants to be free." - UDW CSS
- Jul 23, 2020 - R 420.00
- "Thank you for giving us an opportunity to make a difference." - Sharlene Narain
- Jul 20, 2020 - R 250.00
Nerina Naik" - Snapscan
- Jul 18, 2020 - USD $ 6.33
- "God bless yourll. Keep up the good work." - Zashnee Harilal
- Jul 16, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Thank you for the work that you do. God Bless" - Ashika
- Jun 08, 2020 - USD $ 63.33
- "Thank you for all the good work you do " - Kogie Perumaul
- Jun 06, 2020 - R 1 050.00
- "." - Mel
- Jun 06, 2020 - USD $ 62.64
- "Lots of love " - Rakhi
- May 21, 2020 - R 210.00
- "In memory of Aayaa. Theesan" - Theesan Vedan
- May 20, 2020 - R 512.00
God bless our aged and everyone can help them live a dignified life. Thank you ABH for everything you do to make life comfortable for the old and frail" - Loshni Naidoo
- May 12, 2020 - R 100.00
A revashunkar" - Snapscan
- May 07, 2020 - R 5 012.00
Our greatest joy in life in not by what we get or have , but it is by what we share & give to others in need ... To a grateful heart ...a double portion" - Gerald Anthony
- May 02, 2020 - USD $ 66.01
- "Good luck" - Rekha
- Apr 29, 2020 - R 735.00
- "Praying for good health for everyone at the home" - Sumitra
- Apr 29, 2020 - R 5 000.00
- "We rise by lifting others" - Rhea and Layah
- Apr 29, 2020 - R 300.00
Charity" - Sureka Singh
- Apr 28, 2020 - R 105.00
- "All the Best" - Krishna Jagarnath
Aryan Benevolent Home
The Aryan Benevolent Home (ABH) is a national, registered Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) and Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) that provides services to more than 700 vulnerable persons daily.
We are a 99-year-old charitable organization that provides succor on a 24-hour basis to the aged, frail, physically and mentally challenged, abused women and orphans; spreading our activities over 5 facilities in the greater Durban area, an aged-care facility in Glencoe and two children’s homes in Lenasia, Gauteng. We provide a home and 750 000 meals per year to the aged, frail, children and victims of domestic violence.