Hiking the Amatole Trail for JBay Animal Rescue Sanctuary
- By: Louisa and Cheryl
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/hiking-the-amatole-trail-for-jbay-animal-r
Jeffreys Bay local, Louisa Lightfoot and her sister, Cheryl will be hiking the Amatole Hiking Trail at the end of April to raise awareness and funds for the JBay Animal Rescue Sanctuary in Jeffreys Bay.
The Amatola Hiking Trail is unbelievably scenic and spectacularly gruelling. The six-day, five-night hiking trail traverses the breathtaking Amatola Mountains in the Eastern Cape, starting at Maden Dam near King Williams Town and ends in the magical village of Hogsback.
These two brave animal lovers will be hiking 15 to 20 km a day with no luxury’s but a cold shower and a mattress provided at the end of the day. However, they are very experienced hikers who has hiked the Otter trail, Two Rivers Trail and the Camino de Santiago in Spain.
Funds raised will be used to help Jbay Animal Rescue Sanctuary to help more animals. JBay ARS is a non-profit organisation involved in the local township in Jeffreys Bay where they:
1) Hold monthly spaydays, preventing unwanted litters.
2) Vaccinate animals to prevent the spreading of disease
3) Collect and supply kennels to the animals, leads and collars to prevent the animals being tied up with wire.
4) Hold a weekly outreach where food is distributed, animals are checked and people are educated.
JBay ARS is also busy renovating two buildings in the Township which will be used as a Community Animal Clinic from where they can help more animals more effectively.
- May 08, 2019 - USD $ 178.84
- "Thank you for supporting our hike and pet rescue.we are thankful that there will be fewer animals suffering. Doggy love from Cheryl and Louisa " - Louisa and Cheryl
- May 06, 2019 - USD $ 13.79
- "Thank you to 'Lavender Blue book shop' for collecting for Pet Rescue." - Louisa
- Apr 20, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Super proud of you mom, keep it up!" - Ryan
- Apr 17, 2019 - USD $ 7.12
- "Wow you've reached your target well done ????" - Nic
- Apr 16, 2019 - USD $ 37.42
- "What a wonderful undertaking, stay safe xx" - Lynne
- Apr 16, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Good Luck ???? and enjoy the beautiful surroundings! " - Zoeties
- Apr 15, 2019 - USD $ 35.81
- "Good luck on your walk mum and Louisa!" - Hanna and Greg
- Apr 10, 2019 - USD $ 7.47
- "All the best! " - We pack and Karen Leifeldt
- Apr 09, 2019 - USD $ 142.70
- "All the best sisters lots of love Nicola & all her colleagues at Anchorprint " - Nicola Fivaz
- Mar 30, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Best of luck to you two ladies!" - Alison Bosman
- Mar 25, 2019 - USD $ 13.87
- "Lots of love from all of us! " - Jenna, Justin, Avery & Willow
- Mar 20, 2019 - R 210.00
- "So proud of you Louisa " - Bettina
- Mar 19, 2019 - USD $ 14.58
- "Great idea, great initiative, love it, would have loved to join u." - Janett
- Mar 19, 2019 - USD $ 3.64
- "Thank you for what you are doing for the dogs! " - Eddie
- Mar 18, 2019 - USD $ 36.45
- "Enjoy the hike. Thank you on behalf of the animals x" - Elmarié
- Mar 17, 2019 - R 205.64
- "What a wonderful way to be of service to these amazing creatures. Thank you so much and all the very best. " - Daphne Maree
- Mar 16, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best Louisa & Cheryl and may the JBay Animal Rescue centre do well from your efforts. Enjoy the hike!" - Kathy McGillivray
- Mar 05, 2019 - R 250.00
- "All the best! I have just done the Amatola and it is amazing! But seriously tough! We actually rescued a dog on the tail! " - Margreet
- Mar 04, 2019 - USD $ 58.91
- "Have a great hike !!! Love the project :) XX" - Nicole
- Mar 04, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Enjoy every moment " - Sue
- Mar 03, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Good luck with your hike and this wonderful sponsorship" - Tanja Schroeder
- Mar 03, 2019 - USD $ 36.97
- "All the best! " - SG
- Mar 03, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Proud of you girls" - Douwene
- Mar 02, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Enjoy your hike" - L Du Preez
- Mar 02, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Good luck! We're all rooting for you! " - Travers Henrick
- Mar 02, 2019 - USD $ 7.40
- "Hoping and praying" - Louisa
Jbay Animal Rescue Sanctuary
Jbay Animal Rescue Sanctuary is a non-profit organisation situated in Jeffreys Bay, South Africa. We are a group a ladies with one thing in common, we are avid animal lovers who wish to alleviate the suffering that is endured in our local townships by so many domestic animals.
After a few years of negotations, our local municipality has granted us the use of two buildings in the township, which we can use as a Community Animal Clinic. We are currently busy with renovations and hope to formally open our doors soon.
In the meantime we are busy with:
1. Monthly spayathons where we try to spay 20-30 animals.
2. We hold a weekly outreach where we dip, deworm, feed and medicate dogs and cats.
3. We vaccinate stray animals on a regular basis.
4. We provide kennels where animals need it the most.
5. We look for homes for unwated dogs, puppies and cats.
It is only with the generousity of our supportes that we can care and assist all animals in need in the local township.
At the moment we are in desperate need of funds to reach our main goal - to spay 20-30 animals per month.