Hiking the Otter Trail for the animals
- By: Annelize Meyer
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/hiking-the-otter-trail-for-the-animals
During Lockdown Louisa 54 years old (hiking the Otter trail for the 3 rd time) and her son Ryan (Novice hiker)19 years old decided they would walk the Otter trail to raise funds for Jbay Animal Rescue. The Otter trail is a beautiful trail, but an extremely gruelling one. You do not walk flat, its either climbing straight up a mountain or coming straight down the other side. From the top you can be assured of the most spectacular view, which makes it all worth it. The body takes a hell of a strain. During this trip, there will be no huts and no bed/mattresses, so they must bring their own tent and mattress!
Their backpacks will contain everything they need, clothes, food, tent, meds and water. It will be surfer versus hiker. Ryan is a really good surfer, a stylish longboarder, but can he hike? They will start the Otter trail on the 3 November 2020 at Storms river and finish after 42 km in Natures Valley on Saturday the 7 November.
They have decided to raise funds for Jbay Animal Rescue Sanctuary and for every R50 donated, donors will get one entry into a lucky draw for some awesome prizes.
- Oct 31, 2020 - USD $ 52.23
- "Good Luck !!! And enjoy :)" - Nicole
- Oct 24, 2020 - USD $ 32.69
- "Good luck Lou & Ryan have a great hike xx " - Nicola Fivaz
- Oct 22, 2020 - USD $ 60.98
- "You both will rock it!!! Good luck - have fun - such a great idea - you´re just so inspiring - my thoughts will accompany you" - Anonymous
- Oct 22, 2020 - USD $ 152.44
- "Best of luck to you both!" - Fred and Lynn van der Linde
- Oct 11, 2020 - USD $ 15.00
- "For a great cause! Enjoy." - Ronel
- Oct 11, 2020 - R 200.00
- "May God bless you️" - Adri Engelbrecht
- Sep 28, 2020 - USD $ 11.69
- "Good luck and thank you for helping animals " - Delia Herrington
- Sep 20, 2020 - R 50.00
- "Good luck Fantastic effort" - Charlotte Goldstone
- Sep 19, 2020 - USD $ 61.78
- "I reckon Ryan’s gonna get left in the dust!" - Tristan
- Sep 16, 2020 - USD $ 60.78
- "So amazing you can do this together for such a good cause cxx" - Cheryl Gilbert
- Sep 15, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Good luck!! " - JH
- Sep 14, 2020 - R 350.00
This should be fun. Good luck to both of you" - Pettonel
- Sep 11, 2020 - USD $ 59.66
- "My spouse hiked the trail 15 yrs ago and still talks about it! Enjoy & good luck." - Onno Meeuwis
- Sep 09, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Have fun and enjoy the views, Louisa and Ryan! Your love is with the animals. Every step of the way will help Pet Rescue!!" - Tanja Schroeder
- Sep 09, 2020 - R 50.00
- "Sterkte Louisa and Ryan!" - Anonymous
Jbay Animal Rescue Sanctuary
Jbay Animal Rescue Sanctuary is a non-profit organisation situated in Jeffreys Bay, South Africa. We are a group a ladies with one thing in common, we are avid animal lovers who wish to alleviate the suffering that is endured in our local townships by so many domestic animals.
After a few years of negotations, our local municipality has granted us the use of two buildings in the township, which we can use as a Community Animal Clinic. We are currently busy with renovations and hope to formally open our doors soon.
In the meantime we are busy with:
1. Monthly spayathons where we try to spay 20-30 animals.
2. We hold a weekly outreach where we dip, deworm, feed and medicate dogs and cats.
3. We vaccinate stray animals on a regular basis.
4. We provide kennels where animals need it the most.
5. We look for homes for unwated dogs, puppies and cats.
It is only with the generousity of our supportes that we can care and assist all animals in need in the local township.
At the moment we are in desperate need of funds to reach our main goal - to spay 20-30 animals per month.