Hope of the Nation
- By: Rob Small
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/hope-of-the-nation
- Date Created: 19 November 2021
R 212 050
R 500 000
perhaps the greatest problem and fear we face in SA today is the millions of unemployed youth walking the streets; many of them with degrees and most with only basic education.
This is a recipe for revolution and crime.
Young men are often seen as a problem and are more easily caught up in “get rich quick” activities.
But there is truly serious and convincing HOPE ! Why? Because so many of these young people have a genuine, vibrant vision for South Africa - THEY are not giving up and running away. Quite the opposite; they are absolutely determined to feed themselves and their families. They create their own work, while improving the environment, all out of nothing.
Young people like these are the true leaders of a new Peaceful Micro-Farming Revolution, where all South Africans can eat high quality un-poisoned organic food in abundance and self-help jobs can be created by the tens of thousands.
Click here to read the story of Feed the Khaltsha
Take action and join the movement. Spread the word, visit us, volunteer, donate! Even R100 can create and sustain one new home garden.
- Oct 19, 2022 - USD $ 553.19
- "touched by your project, keep it up" - JW Holtrop
- Dec 07, 2021 - USD $ 19.93 Fees covered
- "." - Johanna
- Nov 29, 2021 - USD $ 123.96
- "I would appreciate to visit you again one day at Cape Town. Once I had the chance to meet you 10 years ago. Your initiative is fascinating me so much." - Hans Supenkämper
- Nov 24, 2021 - USD $ 16.68 Fees covered
- "Great to see that your important work continues." - Barry Pinsky
Abalimi Bezekhaya, meaning farmers of the home in isiXhosa, is a non-profit urban-farming organisation established in 1982. We support disadvantaged communities in Cape Town to grow their own organic vegetables for food security, health & nutrition, as well as generating an income through sale of veggies. Our focus is training, providing resources, support with infrastructure, market access as well as organisational and social development