Hilltop After-School-Care 2018
- By: Bjorn Alexander
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/i-coach-bjorn-2017
“Making a meaningful change requires more than a marathon by one man. It needs a marathon effort by a community that cares."
Bjorn invites YOU, to take on the challenge of running the Berlin Marathon with him and a team of athletes on the 16th of September 2018 OR make a financial contribution that helps us #inspireHOPE.
The aim is to inspire HOPE and raise funds to provide after school care for kids at risk.
We have found that many kids are at risk between after-school and the time their parents are home, therefor the dream is to provide-after-school care that will inspire hope. This environment will provide safety and also an opportunity to further educate, mentor and add value to these future leaders.
The generous giving of many have made it possible to launch in May 2017. We continue to need finances to see MORE kids and provide better resources.
Born to an alcoholic mother and a drug addict father, Alexander had a childhood filled with many challenges. He found escape in running and cross-country events and got his first big break when he met Theo Fourie, CEO of an American company, Attachmate, that sponsored his three-year course in sports management at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
Björn has recently run and completed the Paris marathon as part of the launch of this initiative and the next one involves YOU.
Björn’s life journey from the “Ghetto’s to Success” will inspire people of all ages, as he talks about what made him rise above his difficult childhood circumstances to become Boland Cross Country champion and ultimately represent South Africa at the World Duathlon Championships in Canada.
Björn is a passionate Christian, and humbly shares how becoming a Christian has strengthened and guided him to find his true identity, and played the most significant part in his life’s successes.
Prior to the Berlin marathon, Bjorn invites corporates, groups and individuals to accept the challenge. Option 1 is to run the Berlin marathon and raise funds for Hilltop Legacy and Option 2 is to contribute financially to his cause.
- Apr 26, 2018 - R 210.00
- "All the best Bjorn, this is a great cause to support. Kind regards Jerusha" - Jerusha
- Sep 24, 2017 - USD $ 317.86
- "What a great job you are doing Björn! Inspiring! Keep going! #BerlinCapeTownPeaceOBro" - Anonymous
- Jun 26, 2017 - R 1 028.20
- "I love the work you are doing! " - Jenny
- Jun 05, 2017 - USD $ 8.66
- "I love to support you guys! Best regards from Hanover/Germany, H. Btw: You were recommended by my previous donors and friends Bella & Olli =))" - ze Hüss
- Jun 05, 2017 - R 2 570.50
- "Excellent and inspiring how your are helping young people and making them to live a better life." - Bella and Oliver from Berlin Germany
- Apr 19, 2017 - R 5 000.00
- "Thanks Buddy " - Tshepo Letjane
- Apr 03, 2017 - R 1 542.30
- "Thanks Bjorn and the team! #Igotyourback" - Anonymous
- Mar 31, 2017 - R 1 028.20
- "Super inspiring bro :-) Standing with you always! Sterkte!!" - KiTasha
- Mar 22, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Gaan groot maat! #whatalegacy #jyislegend" - Helene
- Mar 12, 2017 - R 510.00
- "Gooi Bjorn! Ons dink aan jou!! " - Botha's
- Mar 06, 2017 - R 205.64
- "You are inspiring" - Anonymous
- Mar 06, 2017 - R 3 000.00
- "May God bless the work you are doing abundantly!" - Anonymous
- Feb 27, 2017 - R 5 141.00
- "Bly aan met die goeie werk " - JD BOTHA