I Coach Bjorn - Faldiel
- By: Faldiel Bassadien
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/i-coach-bjorn-faldiel
“Making a meaningful change requires more than a marathon by one man. It needs a marathon effort by a community that cares." – Bjorn Alexander
I’ve accepted the challenge of running the Paris marathon with Bjorn and a team of athletes on the 9th of April 2017. The aim is to inspire HOPE, create awareness of the works done by Hilltop Legacy and raise funds to provide after school care for those kids at risk.
We have found that many kids are at risk between after-school and the time their parents are home, therefore the dream is to provide-after-school care that will inspire hope. This environment will provide safety and also an opportunity to further educate, mentor and add value to these future leaders.
Born to an alcoholic mother and a drug addict father, Alexander had a childhood filled with many challenges. He found escape in running and cross-country events and got his first big break when he met Theo Fourie, CEO of an American company, Attachmate, which sponsored his three-year course in Sports Management at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
Björn’s life journey from the “Ghetto’s to Success” will inspire people of all ages, as he talks about what made him rise above his difficult childhood circumstances to become Boland Cross Country champion and ultimately represent South Africa at the World Duathlon Championships in Canada.
We aim to write many stories like his and contribute to raising up future leaders that will take their families and our nation forward.
Here’s Why I Run:
I enjoy the runners high and I love the GEES during planned running events. It’s really an electric atmosphere which I cherish time and time again.
I run to keep fit. I run to ease my mind. I run to enjoy the outdoors. I run to take in the fresh air. I run to challenge myself.
In my opinion there are very few emotions that comes close to that feeling of completing a marathon. I run for those who have not experienced, or who are not able to experience, that winning feeling.
Prior to the Paris marathon I’d like to challenge you to contribute financially to his cause.
For more information, feel free to contact Faldiel@disfruta.co.za
Stay updated by visiting our website www.icoachbjorn.co.za
- Apr 20, 2017 - USD $ 15.07
- "“Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what we can.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson" - Raffles
- Apr 19, 2017 - R 1 028.20
- "Fingers to the chest" - Bradshaw
- Apr 19, 2017 - R 586.89
- "Thank you for the opportunity to donate towards helping helping the Paarl community in SA. with love and support from us. XX" - Kerry & Jumannah
- Apr 19, 2017 - USD $ 99.09
- "Bjorn to Run " - Nisha, Kurt & Fallas
- Apr 18, 2017 - R 205.64
- "I like philanthropists" - Shelley Daniels
- Apr 07, 2017 - R 500.00
- "Alles gud" - Rushdi Hendricks
- Apr 06, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Serindipity" - Razana
- Apr 05, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Good luck x 2 :)" - Leila Bardien
- Apr 05, 2017 - R 880.38
- "All the very best Falas!" - Kolim Miah
- Apr 04, 2017 - USD $ 7.67
- "Proud of you Fallassss" - Mika
- Mar 27, 2017 - R 154.23
- "What an awesome initiative. Safe travels and all the best for your race!" - Release (Brent and Natasha Janari)
- Mar 15, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Make it a hatrick and bring home that medal shun!" - Father Fakes
- Feb 23, 2017 - R 323.69
- "Good luck!" - Mark Rogers
- Feb 22, 2017 - R 822.56
- "Fal, best of luck to you my friend. When times get tough, just remember Bracknell to Cardiff on T de C and you'll be fine....!!" - Rob & Caroline Hill
- Feb 22, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Good luck" - Leila Bardien