I Coach Bjorn - Ronel
- By: Ronelle Isaacs
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/i-coach-bjorn-ronel
“Making a meaningful change requires more than a marathon by one man. It needs a marathon effort by a community that cares." – Bjorn Alexander
I’ve accepted the challenge of running the Paris marathon with Bjorn and a team of athletes on the 9th of April 2017. The aim is to inspire HOPE, create awareness of the works done by Hilltop Legacy and raise funds to provide after school care for those kids at risk.
We have found that many kids are at risk between after-school and the time their parents are home, therefor the dream is to provide-after-school care that will inspire hope. This environment will provide safety and also an opportunity to further educate, mentor and add value to these future leaders.
Born to an alcoholic mother and a drug addict father, Alexander had a childhood filled with many challenges. He found escape in running and cross-country events and got his first big break when he met Theo Fourie, CEO of an American company, Attachmate, which sponsored his three-year course in Sports Management at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
Björn’s life journey from the “Ghetto’s to Success” will inspire people of all ages, as he talks about what made him rise above his difficult childhood circumstances to become Boland Cross Country champion and ultimately represent South Africa at the World Duathlon Championships in Canada.
We aim to write many stories like his and contribute to raising up future leaders that will take their families and our nation forward.
Here’s Why I Run:
Nearly a decade ago, I entered a 5km charity run, leading up to the event I thought "It's only a 5k, of cause I don't need to train". WRONG!!!... It was the WORST experience of my life, let's just say 'PAIN' was my four letter word. This motivated me to begin jogging regularly, joining a running club and entering official club races. It lead to countless 10ks, half marathons, marathons and eventually ultra marathons.
Running and fitness has turned into a passion, although some would call it my obsession, as I cannot imagine my life without it. It instantly transforms my mood and clears my mind. It has opened my eyes and my world to new possibilities and has enabled me to meet so many people from different walks of life and social classes. This path has lead me to wanting to 'Pay-It-Forward' by giving back to the less fortunate; in order to ignite hope, passion, drive and a positive mindset to improve self esteem and cultivate healthy relationships. Paying it forward will give these kids an opportunity to enjoy experiences, we normally take for granted.
"Do not allow this world to mould you in its own image. Instead, be transformed from the inside out by renewing your mind." (Romans 12:2)
Prior to the Paris marathon I’d like to challenge you to contribute financially to his cause.
For more information, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay updated by visiting our website.
- Apr 10, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Go Ronelle!" - Heidi
- Apr 09, 2017 - R 260.00
- "Good luck girl, you can do it!! " - Michelle
- Apr 07, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Good luck XX" - A
- Mar 31, 2017 - R 210.00
- "GO RONELLE!! Make us PROUD!!! We love you!!! All the best!!! " - Michelle Hamm
- Mar 31, 2017 - R 452.09
- "You got this Roro, have a wonderful experience; we can't wait to hear ALL about it!" - Lester&Carmen; de Vries
- Mar 28, 2017 - USD $ 32.40
- "Have the time of your life my "the stories this table could tell" running partner" - Morning coffee;-)
- Mar 28, 2017 - R 510.00
- "Go Ronel behind you all the way" - Antoinette
- Mar 25, 2017 - R 514.10
- "all the best Ronelle, the sky is the limit... enjoy Paris" - Brigitte and Laila
- Mar 25, 2017 - USD $ 21.17
- "Good luck! We'll be rooting for you!" - Louise
- Mar 24, 2017 - R 102.82
- "Just keep running. J???u????s????t? ?k???e??????e???????p???? ??r????u?n???????n?i?n??g???.???? J????u???s??t? ????k???ee??p???? ??????r??????u???nni?n???????g???.????? R?????U????N???????!" - Phillip T.
- Mar 23, 2017 - USD $ 16.73
- "Good Luck in all your endevours, and well done for your efforts" - Claudette
- Mar 20, 2017 - R 320.00
- "Goodluck Ronelle!!!!!!" - Newfields Zumba Ladies
- Mar 16, 2017 - R 250.00
- "Goodluck Ronelle!!!" - Fadiya Alexander
- Mar 14, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Ronelley, you are an inspiration to me and many others. Continue to make us proud!" - JJ
- Mar 14, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Please make us proud" - VL
- Mar 13, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "Best of luck Ronelle, from your weekend Zumba Crew... " - Narriman Galvaan
- Mar 06, 2017 - R 102.82
- "Good Luck Ronel!" - Anon
- Mar 06, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "Goodluck!!!!!" - Wendy Klein O.B.O GTS
- Mar 02, 2017 - R 300.00
- "My quote for you has always been "She will never let you down" And that is what you prove to me time and time again. I am so proud of you my first granddaughter. God Bless!!!" - Dora (Proud Mama) van Roodt
- Mar 02, 2017 - R 360.00
- "You Rock Ronelle! You can do this!" - Cindy Rishworth
- Feb 28, 2017 - R 260.00
- "I am so proud of you for doing this and everything that goes along with it. You're an example and inspiration to us all!!!" - Chrissie
- Feb 28, 2017 - R 300.00
- "Only the bestest" - Veliswa
- Feb 27, 2017 - R 300.00
- "Goodluck in Paris, enjoy the race..." - Mieshka Morris-Isaacs
- Feb 27, 2017 - R 257.05
- "Nella, ons is so trots op jou. Lief vir jou my kind, alles van die beste..." - Thomas van Roodt
- Feb 27, 2017 - R 500.00
- "Running with your heart is what makes it more special, Backing you all the way xoxoxox" - DolphinBabe
- Feb 24, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Thank you for the work your doing" - Linden
- Feb 24, 2017 - R 257.05
- "Along with your achievements, we are so proud of you and your intention to help others. Good luck, we know you will reach your goal :)" - Maureen Hanson
- Feb 23, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "Ronelle we are super proud of you. All the best for the Marathon." - Wendy Klein
- Feb 21, 2017 - USD $ 76.75
- "Ronelle Issacs- You go, girl!" - Janine Wencke
- Feb 21, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Ronelle Isaacs - F.E.A.R. My Motto - "FACE EVERYTHING AND RISE"(THE CHOICE IS YOURS)" - Bronwyn Prince