- By: Joanita van Wyk
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/imstaying-67squared
In celebration of Mandela month, #ImStaying and Reflective Learning have partnered together to give our children a better future - as Tata Madiba would have liked all South Africans to do.
Did you know that by the end of Grade 9, more than 60% of learners are (on average) four grades behind in their mathematics ability? These students usually struggle to catch up before writing matric exams and effectively, become innumerate adults.
This is a major problem as Maths is a critical subject to allow students to further their education and navigate through life.
To be a part of the solution and empower students, we have launched the 67sq campaign on BackaBuddy to not only raise funds to teach children mathematics but also give them a voice and equip them for future life.
With support from the public and corporates, we would like to sponsor 4489 (67x67) learners with a resourceful educational app created by Reflective Learning, to empower disadvantaged students from across South Africa with the tools they need to succeed in maths.
Reflective Learning has also kindly offered to contribute an additional 3 licenses for every learner sponsored. Together we can educate the lives of almost 18 000 learners!
How the Reflective Learning app works
(1) The app is able to identify exactly where students are struggling & how far back the problems go.
(2) Students are given personalised content that walks them through the most fundamental concepts to further their understanding.
The value of your donation:
Research shows that it is possible for Learners to catch-up 4-6 grades of Maths knowledge within a single year.
Please support our campaign to improve the lives of young South Africans through the power of education.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” - Nelson Mandela
- Jul 18, 2020 - USD $ 30.00
- "Education is true liberation" - Iloma
- Jul 15, 2020 - R 112.00
Education is key" - Anna
- Jul 14, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Thank you!" - Sue
- Jul 14, 2020 - R 512.00
A very worthwhile cause!" - Frances
- Jul 13, 2020 - R 105.00
- "This is such an important skill!" - ELMIEN
- Jul 10, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Great idea!" - Elsa
- Jul 10, 2020 - R 1 012.00
Love math" - Ansie7
- Jul 09, 2020 - R 210.00
- "A great initiative to help those students who deserve so much more ." - Jennifer Visser
- Jul 08, 2020 - R 112.00
Education is the best gift to give a child" - Kate Touche
- Jul 07, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Great initiative!" - Micks
- Jul 07, 2020 - USD $ 11.75
- "Education is vital, amazing idea!" - Petro Fowler
- Jul 07, 2020 - R 210.00
- "For The Love of Maths and the Future of our Children" - Joanita van Wyk
- Jul 07, 2020 - R 200.00
- "For our youth who deserve better " - Jarette
- Jul 06, 2020 - USD $ 5.85
- "Testing 123" - Nick French
- Jul 06, 2020 - R 210.00
- "An amazing initiative! " - Tammy
#ImStaying is a Facebook group and a registered NPC (NOT FOR PROFIT COMPANY) dedicated to the South African women and men of all races, cultures, religions and creeds who remain loyal to South Africa.
The group was created to honour all those who still believe that we as a nation can turn things around.
#ImStaying focuses on the people, beauty and positivity in South Africa and all the good vibes.
• GOOD THOUGHTS
• GOOD WORDS
• GOOD DEEDS
#ImStaying - One South Africa for All
Group Founded on 7 September 2019