In Loving Memory of Peet De Klerk
- By: Catherine Du Plooy
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/in-loving-memory
Peet De Klerk, a most beloved father, brother, uncle, son and dear friend passed away suddenly on Sunday, 21 July.
A memorial service will be held for him at Wild Hawk Spur (Irene Village Mall) on Saturday, 3 August to celebrate his life and all are invited to attend from 11h00. There will be a short ceremony at Rietvlei Dam following the memorial to scatter his ashes at his favourite fishing hole. Formal attire is actively discouraged.
In lieu of flowers, or for those of you who are unable to attend but would like to show your love and appreciation for Peet’s life, we have set up this page so that you can make a contribution to the Border Collie Rescue association of South Africa in his memory. Anyone who has met Mac Drift, Ferrari, Lovey, Gica or Poppy over the years will know it’s a cause close to his heart.
Peet was an absolute force who made such an impact on every person he met with his sense of humour and love of life, fishing, braais, his dogs, craftsman abilities, and especially his daughter Lara. He will be dearly missed by all who had the privilege of knowing him.
- Sep 20, 2019 - USD $ 33.94
- "You're in our thoughts" - Eli & Charles
- Aug 03, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Thinking of you..." - Glen & Bianca
- Aug 01, 2019 - R 300.00
- "Our thoughts are with you, Lara, and we will all remember your father with love." - The Deys
- Aug 01, 2019 - R 150.00
- "From James, Cristi and the boys " - Cristi and James
- Aug 01, 2019 - R 100.00
- "May God bless and comfort you and happy memories sustain you in this difficult time." - Dougie and Candy
- Jul 31, 2019 - USD $ 76.55
- "On behalf of your colleagues at Bird, we send our sincere condolences to you and your family. " - Bird Construction
- Jul 31, 2019 - R 250.00
- "Dear Lara, I’m so sorry to hear about your father’s passing. My thoughts are with you and your family in this truly difficult time. " - Stu
- Jul 31, 2019 - R 100.00
- "My gedagtes met Peet se familie in hierdie moeilike tyd. Alle sterkte." - Stefan
- Jul 30, 2019 - USD $ 30.33
- "Sorry for your loss, stay strong Lara." - Rishika
- Jul 30, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Sorry for your loss." - Anonymous
- Jul 29, 2019 - R 100.00
- "My deepest condolences Lara . May your dad Rest In Peace . Sending love and light " - Sarah
- Jul 26, 2019 - USD $ 14.19
- "Wishing you all the best on the 3rd! " - Landry Family
- Jul 26, 2019 - USD $ 31.34
- "We’ll always use your “hand-vleis” method to braai our steaks properly. And we love dogs - what a great cause x" - Shani + Lyndie
- Jul 26, 2019 - R 200.00
- "I am really sorry for you loss. I know how close you were to your father and what an influence he had on your life. We will miss him." - Anonymous
- Jul 26, 2019 - R 200.00
- "I will always remember your laugh!" - Catherine
Border Collie Rescue SA
Border Collie Rescue SA (BCR) - looking after the needs of South Africa's abandoned, abused, stray or surrendered Border Collies.
In 1997, Border Collie Rescue (BCR) grew out of the need to find adoptive homes for the ever-increasing number of unwanted Border Collies (BC). Since then BCR had to re-home approximately 8000 BC’s. (Roughly 300 per year and increasing) Volunteers strive to ensure that all Border Collies needing homes find permanent placement and that owners are capable of dealing with the challenges and demands of living with these immensely active and intelligent dogs. BCR is also an invaluable service for many Border Collie owners who, through no fault of their own, can no longer care for their trusted friend.