Jamie and Erin doing it again for Mamelani Projects
- By: Jamie and Erin
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/jamie-and-erin-doing-it-again-for-mamelani-project
Personal messageA CHILD CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE TOO
Jamie and Erin have participating in everything from family fun walks, to Colour Runs, to Cycle Tours on behalf of Mamelani Projects! This year they have decided to tackle the Kiddies Cycle Tour yet again in order to raise funds and awareness for the amazing work that Mamelani Projects does!
We know that Mamelani works with children who don’t always have mommy's and daddy’s to help them when they leave school, so we would like to be able to help them and that is why we are riding in the Kiddies Cycle Tour!
About Mamelani Projects
Mamelani's Youth Development Programme supports young people to successfully transitioning out of state care at 18 years of age. Care leavers are said to be one of the most vulnerable groups in society, and without adequate support, after years of care and development, many face poor outcomes in adult life, including homelessness, unemployment and mental health challenges.
Mamelani has developed an approach to working with young people, a process to support them in preparing for and facing life beyond care. The programme runs over 3 years, providing support prior to the transition, as well as continued support after leaving the children's home.
- Mar 07, 2015 - R 500.00
- "Well done boys we are so proud of you both - Love you lots and lots " - Lori Adam Rafi Lexi and Ezra
- Mar 06, 2015 - R 200.00
- "So proud of my 2 special boys" - Marilyn May
- Mar 06, 2015 - R 300.00
- "You go guys ..... have a great time .... you're the BEST!!" - Eric & Gaili
- Mar 05, 2015 - R 1 000.00
- "Such special boys xx" - Sharon and David
- Mar 04, 2015 - R 360.00
- "You both make me so damn proud. I love you both so much!" - Proud Uncle Dozza
- Mar 04, 2015 - R 1 000.00
- "Good luck Jamiels and Errie. So proud of you both!!!!" - Papa and Mimi
- Mar 02, 2015 - R 180.00
- "Janks boys - you are superstars!! Good luck and have fun! Xx" - Gina Hudson
- Mar 02, 2015 - R 180.00
- "Well done JANKS boys you make us proud!!!! " - Benjamin, Elijah and Levi Zar
- Mar 02, 2015 - R 200.00
- "Well done boys! What good examples you are!" - Cara-Lee Ruditzky
- Mar 02, 2015 - R 500.00
- "We are so proud of you guys!!! Peddle fast and have fun!!!" - Mom and Dad
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here