A operation for my fiance - melonoma skin cancer
- By: Nikita Smuts
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/jan-liebenberg
Thank you for your kind donation to the campaign. It is with great sadness that I have to report that Jan passed away on the 20th of December. Jan's fiancee - Nikita, has requested that the remaining funds be paid over to her to assist with the funeral costs.
My name is Nikita Smuts (23) and I live in Centurion, Gauteng.
Jan Liebenberg and I met 4 years ago and started dating. 1 year ago he proposed and I said Yes! A few weeks after we got engaged I noticed a large lump on his neck. At first, the GP diagnosed it as a simple infection, however, after the antibiotics did not work he was then diagnosed with melanoma.
He has been receiving chemo treatment at a public hospital because he is not on medical aid and the melanoma has gone into his blood. However, after chemo we noticed more lumps appearing on his neck.
I am fundraising in order to raise money for an operation to remove the lumps on his neck.
My inspiration is Jan. I am currently doing my honours at the University of Pretoria so I am not earning any money. Jan is so supportive of my studies and all I want to do is make sure he is happy and healthy and be the one supporting him.
The operation needs to take place as soon as possible. Preferably latest by November.
Funds will be used for the operation which includes the consultations and doctors appointments, day admission, oxygen in Theatre, anesthetic machine, theatre and ward materials, doctors operating
fee, theatre time fee, anesthetist fee, testing fees of the lumps and all medicine.
The funds will potentially save Jan's life. Melanoma is a very aggressive form of cancer and if left untreated for long these lumps can be potentially fatal.
*Funds raised will go directly to the hospital*
- Sep 18, 2019 - R 517.65
- "I hope this helps!" - Anon
- Sep 13, 2019 - R 257.16
- "All the best!! xox" - Roxy
- Sep 10, 2019 - USD $ 397.68
- "Ons bid vir die Here se rykste seën en vir volkome genesing. " - Anonymous
- Sep 06, 2019 - R 507.50
- "All the best! " - Anonymous
- Sep 05, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Best of luck! " - Kelly J
- Sep 05, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Sending love and healing light xxx " - Kerryn
- Sep 05, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best! Will keep you in my prayers! " - Anonymous
- Sep 05, 2019 - USD $ 71.10
- "????????Praying for speedy recovery ????????" - Thelma
- Sep 05, 2019 - USD $ 105.20
- "big hugs to you and Jan!" - Anonymous
- Jul 02, 2019 - R 200.00
- "You are in our prayers " - Nadine
- Jul 01, 2019 - R 616.92
- "You'll beat this!" - Courtney
- Jun 26, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Kick this things Ass! " - Kyle, Izzy & Eli
- Jun 13, 2019 - R 300.00
- "Best wishes" - Collette
- Jun 12, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Speedy recovery and all the strength and love!" - Jennifer
- Jun 12, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Wishing you all love and strength!" - Ingrid
- Jun 12, 2019 - USD $ 34.08
- "Sterkte jy sal in gebede wees." - Hannes
- Jun 11, 2019 - R 102.82
- "All the best, stay hopeful " - Von
- Jun 11, 2019 - USD $ 33.73
- "Behind you all the way!" - Roachy
- Jun 11, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Wishing you healing!" - Brenda Nel
- Jun 11, 2019 - R 500.00
- "You are in our thoughts! x" - Leazel