Little Iron Man
- By: Jeneane Alberts
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/jan-renier-jansen-van-rensburg
Hi, my name is Jan-Renier Jansen van Rensburg, I am 3 years and 7 months old. I need your help as I am a CP Child.
What is a CP child? I have been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy (CP) which is a problem that affects my muscle tone, movement, and motor skills.
The cause of Cerebral Palsy is a brain injury or brain malformation that occurred while my brain was developing during birth as I couldn’t wait to meet my parents I was born at only 28 weeks.
As a result of my premature arrival, I, unfortunately, had 4th degree bleeding on the left side of my brain and 3rd degree bleeding on my right side which unfortunately caused me to have brain damage during brain development which affects my muscle control, muscle coordination, muscle tone, reflex, posture, and balance.
I also have nerve damage to my eyes because of the brain damage that was caused so the doctors told mommy that they are not sure exactly what I am able to see, but at least I look handsome with glasses.
I have had surgery on both my legs, I was injected with botox to try and relax my muscles. I receive intense therapy every week and I am only 3 years old.
I am a positive little man and all the effort, medication, therapy and check up's are starting to pay off as my muscles are becoming more supple and my speech has advanced.
I live with my mommy who takes very good care of me but unfortunately, my journey is very expensive. I have to get a special walker, designed just for me. I have ongoing therapy sessions, medication, special teachers, specialist doctors, etc. assisting me to become a normal, walking and talking little human. My mommy needs funds to help her help me to continue on this long, expensive and difficult journey. Any donation no matter how big or little will help me.
The GRILLO GAIT TRAINER from RehabTronics is R40 476.68
The rest of the money will be towards my therapy, teacher aiding me at school, medical expenses not covered by the medical aid, diapers, food, etc.
Jan-Renier has a long, expensive and difficult journey ahead of him. It is only him and his mother and the attention, therapy, apparatus, surgeries and daily things he needs to give him every possible chance of advancing in just the little things like crawling, talking, standing... things we take for granted will be possible with even the smallest of donation to assist his mother to continue with the journey for little Jan-Renier to progress.
*The funds will go into the non-profit organisation, The Little Iron Man Foundation. It will assist in getting a walker which will be custom made for Jan-Renier. The rest of the funds will be towards therapy, aid at school and costs not covered by medical aid and also daily things he needs such as diapers, special milk, etc.*
- Oct 28, 2019 - R 210.00
Sterkte liefste kind. Liewe Jesus is elke tree saam met jou en jou ouers." - Magda
- Oct 07, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Laat die wiele rol kleiman" - Elmarie
- Oct 07, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Baie sterkte" - Sakkie Terblanche
- Oct 07, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Sterkte" - Andre
- Oct 04, 2019 - R 308.46
- "You are an inspiration - hang in there" - Thia
- Oct 03, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Bid vir julle." - Juane
- Sep 27, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Little man may God bless you in every way " - Anonymous
- Sep 26, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Hoop dit help. Jeneane my oortuig." - Vernon Thomas
- Sep 26, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Sterkte bulletjie! " - Anonymous
- Sep 26, 2019 - R 310.00
- "Despite his challenges, this little man is always cheerful. I had the pleasure of caring for him last year and I love Jan-Renier to bits. " - Aunty C
- Sep 25, 2019 - R 510.00
- "Mag ons gemeenskap saamstaan om kleine JR hierdie geleentheid te gee" - Anonymous
- Sep 25, 2019 - R 507.50
- "May this dream come true and give you the ability to do so much more. Stay strong little man!!!" - Anonymous
- Sep 20, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "Sterkte little iron man" - Marius