2017 Jean Swims Balearic Island Challenge
- By: Jean Craven
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/jean-swims-balearic-island-challenge
The Madswimmers are doing it again! I am part of the team that will circumnavigative +/- 106kms around the Balearic Islands in September 2017 !This time to raise funds for the most amazing charity, Guild Cottage, a home for abandoned orphaned and abused children in Parktown, Johannesburg.
The Guild Cottage, a NGO children's home in Parktown, JHB, South Africa, providing refuge and rehabilitating treament for abused children. Originally founded in 1907 as an orphanage, The Guild Cottage has evolved into a specialist residential treatment programme for sexually abused children that are given into their care by the courts, aiming to provide a safe haven for severely abused and traumatised children with a view to returning them to their families and to re-integrate them into society.
- Aug 10, 2017 - R 25 000.00
- "You are mad swimmer " - Schindlers Attorneys
- Aug 04, 2017 - R 1 028.20
- "Extraordinary courage and great cause" - C&D
- Jul 31, 2017 - R 10 282.00
- "reels is reels" - Sunesh
- Jul 26, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Good luck" - Anonymous
- Jul 24, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "Good luck" - Gouws
- Jul 19, 2017 - R 1 028.20
- "Hats off to you & the swimmers JC !!" - Stef Pozzo
- Jul 19, 2017 - R 300.00
- "Keep going ,may you go from strenght to strenght, we love and appreciate what you do " - Olga Goncalves
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established business men and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 7 years.