Jedi Tedi Campaign
- By: Shana Kagan
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/jedi-tedi-campaign
My son Jed, as many of you know suffered from CRPS, a chronic pain disease.
After a string of misdiagnoses and blind confusion about Jed’s condition, we as parents were distraught and at our wits end.
Our son was in undocumented pain for weeks, that seemed to appear out of nowhere, and there was nothing anyone could do about it.
After a wild goose chase, searching pillar to post for an answer and solution for Jed’s severe pain, our luck changed when we landed on the steps of The Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital. Jed became the 10th child in Africa to be treated for the rare CRPS disease.
"Here I am, a smile on my face and a spring in my step. And the truth is, I could not have done it without Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital and the support of my amazing family." Says Jed.
It’s been over a year since Jed regained his strength and began walking again. As a mother, I have tried to find the words to say thank you to the dynamic team at the Red Cross Hospital who helped us through one of our darkest times. As a family, we swore to give back and raise awareness in merit of other kids who are suffering with this disease that doesn’t receive the attention it deserves.
As a special thank you to the Red Cross Hospital for their warmth and undying support, we would like to honour them with our own labour of love. We hope to raise a total of R36 500 to provide 365 children at the Red Cross Hospital with their own Jedi Tedi. We hope to provide these children with a symbol of courage, triumph and perseverance while they are battling their various conditions.
By donating R100 to this campaign, one Jedi Tedi will be especially made on your behalf and given to a child in need at the Red Cross. Once we have reached our target, we will be visiting the Red Cross Hospital to hand out the Jedi Tedi’s. We will be posting updates on our Facebook page, so please stay tuned!
We invite you to join us in honoring a world class Hospital that we can call our own and we ask that you join us in spreading awareness of the CRPS disease and also kindness and love to each child at the Red Cross Children’s hospital.
Read about Jedi Tedi in the News:
Follow us on Facebook here for updates.
Please Share our Campaign with your networks.
- Feb 12, 2019 - R 185.08
- "To a great cause in supporting those with CRPS" - Adam Kaimowitz
- Nov 10, 2018 - R 1 028.20
- "Jed is a true inspiration to those of us who have been affected by this horrific disease and a symbol of hope for those still to be healed." - Janine Johnson
- May 16, 2018 - USD $ 63.71
- "Ty for Joshua’s Jedi Tedi and all u do for these children x" - Sarah Cook
- Apr 11, 2018 - USD $ 8.31
- "Jedi u an Inspiration. From Italy" - Linda
- Apr 10, 2018 - R 1 000.00
- "Well done Shana and Jed! The kids will love their beautiful teddies " - Herzlia Alon Ashel PTA
- Apr 07, 2018 - USD $ 8.32
- "Well done for being brave, Jed and for spreading awareness about this condition." - Angeline
- Apr 06, 2018 - USD $ 16.66
- "Two Tedis from me..." - Lara Marks
- Apr 05, 2018 - USD $ 505.47
- "All our Easter Jedi Buni sales for Jed's great cause... Let's get those Jedi Tedi to the little ones at Red Cross Hospital!! " - Gila and Shana
- Apr 05, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Well done on your incredible initiative. I don't know you but have followed your story and am delighted to hear of your progress. " - Sharon kahn
- Apr 05, 2018 - R 102.82
- "A brave boy! Kol Hakavod Jed" - Anonymous
- Apr 05, 2018 - USD $ 8.42
- "Love from the office...Jed you inspire..." - Audrey
- Apr 05, 2018 - USD $ 16.85
- "Jed thank u so much for including me in your Campaign. U & your Mom are Hero's" - Caden Benjamin
- Mar 27, 2018 - R 900.00
- "Some of the proceeds from Herzlia highlands’ exceptional fundraising day... well done to all kids fighting this disease, and to Red Cross forbid their exceptional services." - Herzlia Highlands
- Mar 23, 2018 - USD $ 8.47
- "Well done JED!!!" - Sharon
- Mar 20, 2018 - R 400.00
- "With Love Lulu Boutique - love the Tedis" - Linda
- Mar 15, 2018 - R 205.64
- "All the best" - Floret
- Mar 12, 2018 - R 3 000.00
- "I have known and taught Jed since he was 3 years old, I suffered from TB and when I heard Jed was sick, I wanted to do all I could do for him.. I now cycle and run for his awareness campaign." - Neal
- Mar 09, 2018 - USD $ 16.79
- "Well done Jedi , u are an inspiration " - Keren Sacks
- Mar 08, 2018 - USD $ 8.45
- "Love being a part of all of this.." - Joy and Josh
- Mar 04, 2018 - USD $ 6.73
- "Love, light and healing..." - Jill and Josh
- Mar 02, 2018 - USD $ 8.43
- "We exhibited to be part of this wonderful Jedi Tedi campaign" - Grab a Granny
- Feb 26, 2018 - R 1 510.00
- "Our son Joel Hunt's pain started in July 2017. Diagnosed with CRPS 10 Oct '17. Since 13 Dec '17 he started getting better. We are eternally grateful to the pain clinic team at Red Cross.There is hope." - Joel Hunt
- Feb 25, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Jed, you are an inspiration to us all" - The Joffees
- Feb 24, 2018 - R 10 282.00
- "Well done Jedd" - Anon
- Feb 23, 2018 - R 51.41
- "I am donating to a good cause of children suffering from this horrible disease. I watched my very good friend suffer and I don't want others to suffer. I challenge all my friends to donate too!!" - Troy Chilchik
- Feb 21, 2018 - USD $ 8.53
- "Wonderful...my Jedi Tedi will make a hospital patient so happy" - Anthony
- Feb 18, 2018 - USD $ 30.95
- "With love from Adam" - Adam and Shira Kleiman
- Feb 17, 2018 - USD $ 4.30
- "I challenge all my friends on instagram to donate R20 or R50 rand" - Jed
- Feb 16, 2018 - USD $ 4.31
- "Me again...I donate my portion for selling the tickets...Great cause" - Gila
- Feb 16, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Thanks for making a difference " - Aubrey, kerry, Anna, Ella, Leo and Rose
- Feb 15, 2018 - R 360.00
- "With love the Francks" - Franck
- Feb 15, 2018 - USD $ 17.08
- "Jed you are doing amazing things and we support and encourage you to go all the way!" - Weitzman School
- Feb 13, 2018 - USD $ 25.17
- "Jed you inspire us...we love working with you.." - Nicci and Genna
- Feb 13, 2018 - R 260.00
- "For my son Itai who also fought back CRPS with the help of Red Cross :-)of " - Jill
- Feb 13, 2018 - USD $ 16.78
- "Love and best wishes from NZ" - Kath
- Feb 12, 2018 - R 1 542.30
- "Amazing work for a great cause!! Good luck and well done!!" - MC
- Feb 12, 2018 - USD $ 4.16
- "Perfect cause from another running partner" - Alan
- Feb 12, 2018 - USD $ 8.31
- "One Tedi from me..more to come..well done all the Jedi family..beautiful gesture" - Jeffrey Kagan
- Feb 12, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Best of luck to u in this generous campaign" - Debby
- Feb 11, 2018 - R 100.00
- "Great cauae. Cute teddy for a special 1 year old" - Helene and Jonny
- Feb 10, 2018 - R 100.00
- "Great cause for the children at Red Cross! Good luck. " - Henrich
- Feb 10, 2018 - USD $ 8.31
- "Love you and so proud of you Jed...cannot wait to deliver all the Tedis...you are a real CRPS HERO" - Shana
- Feb 09, 2018 - USD $ 8.22
- "Jed & Shana I am so touched by way u both are wanting to help other kids with the same dusease . U both are very inspirational " - Gila
- Feb 09, 2018 - R 205.64
- "A wonderful initiative and an inspiring young man" - Janine
- Feb 09, 2018 - USD $ 8.22
- "Jed...go brother of mine...Proud of you, beyond..." - Liam
- Feb 09, 2018 - USD $ 8.22
- "If I can do it so can you...I donate one Jedi Tedi to my very own Jedi Tedi campaign..." - Jed
- Feb 09, 2018 - USD $ 28.78
- "Proud of you JedI...go all the way..." - David Kagan and family
- Feb 09, 2018 - R 370.15
- "What an amazing initiative, but then I wouldn't expect any less from this amazing family! " - Refaeli family
- Feb 09, 2018 - R 200.00
- ":)" - JO
- Feb 09, 2018 - R 100.00
- "Saw this on Facebook. What a wonderful thing you are doing. Good luck with your project." - Anonymous
- Feb 06, 2018 - R 110.00
- "All the very best" - Sophie Codron
- Feb 06, 2018 - R 118.00
- "with love & support, always" - Matt
- Feb 04, 2018 - USD $ 4.14
- "Jedi...you make me proud to be your great uncle" - Sidney
- Feb 04, 2018 - USD $ 4.14
- "Well done Jedi, love you lots...you are our hero, love Enya and Leo" - Elana
- Feb 02, 2018 - R 100.00
- "With all my love and support xx" - Alex
- Feb 01, 2018 - R 100.00
- "Such a beautiful cause. I hope a special child gets my Tedi! Keep up the good work!" - Zane
- Feb 01, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Great cause!" - Adam
- Jan 31, 2018 - USD $ 5.18
- "We were blessed to have had our little hero looked after at Red Cross Hospital. What a team!!" - Crps Parent
- Jan 30, 2018 - USD $ 8.36
- "Good luck, would love to see pictures of the Jedi Tedis being handed over to all the children" - Carer
- Oct 09, 2017 - R 370.15
- "Halala Jedi Tedi!" - Dianne & Tony S
Jedi Tedi is a non-profit organization based in Cape Town, South Africa. The funds that are donated to Jedi Tedi go to a very worthwhile project.
Our Mission: to raise funds to create awareness of the CRPS disease in children and to let other CRPS warriors know that they are not alone on this journey
We Strive to: Ensure that these children do not suffer from this disease due to lack of knowledge or misdiagnosis.
With our organization’s mission always in mind, we instill hope in young fighters suffering from the dreadful Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Jedi Tedi spends our funds for supplies and postage of our “KICK CRPS KITS” which make a huge difference in the lives of these brave CRPS warriors.
Jed sends “KICK CRPS KITS” worldwide so that these children know that they are not alone, and if Jed can kick CRPS to the sideline then so can they. In each kit, there is a personal note from Jed reiterating this message. Our Kits really make a difference in the lives of these warriors. We want them to know that we hear them loud and clear. We will not let CRPS win.
Jedi Tedi has sent out 60 “KICK CRPS KITS”. The impact it has on these brave sufferers is astounding.
“What an amazing reaction. Ollie is so so happy now, thank you. The tedi is amazing and she will love it forever. So nice to see a big smile. Jed is an inspiration and I had to hold back the tears whilst reading the poem out.”- Georgi Nott, a CRPS mum in England
“Thank you so much for sending this special Jedi Tedi for my daughter it’s good to know we are not alone.”- Claire Hodgson, a CRPS mum in England
“Her Jedi Tedi care package arrived! She was so surprised and happy. Perfect timing as she was getting ready to leave for camp. She got to take Jedi Tedi to remind her she is not alone! Thank you to all at Jedi Tedi, for your time in making these and for spreading awareness and support!!!”-Lori Collins, a CRPS mum in California
For Jedi Tedi’s 2nd birthday and in honour of Rare Disease Day, we are aiming to break our record and send at least 100 kits to all these CRPS sufferers worldwide.
Help us help these warriors. Please Share Our Campaign on Facebook
“Because if I can do it, so can you!”- Jed Kagan
This is a story about a boy named Jed (10), who was in great pain he could not get out of bed. He has CRPS, complex regional pain syndrome which affects arms, legs, hands, or feet.