Jeff's 2014 Argus Challenge
- By: Jeff Murugan
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/jeffs-2014-argus-challenge
A child that has been living in an children's home or in a state care facility is forced to leave at the age 18. Many of these young people are not ready for this transition and without adequate support, after years of stability, they struggle to stay in school, attend skills training programmes and find meaningful work. Mamelani's programme ensures that they are are supported through this transition and are able to remain focused, motivated and move forward in their lives.
This year I have decided to do my bit for South African youth and take on a challenge! I have become a Mamelani Mover and will be taking part in this years Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Challenge.
R4500 allows one young person to complete a paid internship, providing them with the opportunity to gain access to the world of work, technical experience and money management skills. Together the Mamelani Movers Argus team would like to secure enough funds to allow 5 youth to be a part of this process. So come on and back me on my adventure. Together we can make a difference!
About Mamelani Projects Proseed Youth Development Programme:
The programme consists of supporting young people in successfully transitioning out of state care at 18 years of age. Care leavers are said to be one of the most vulnerable groups in society, and without adequate support, after years of care and development, many face poor outcomes in adult life, including homelessness, unemployment and mental health challenges.
Mamelani has developed an approach to working with young people, a process to support them in preparing for and facing life beyond care. The programme runs over 3 years, providing support prior to the transition, as well as continued support after leaving the children's home.
- Mar 14, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Best wishes" - G Ellis
- Mar 06, 2014 - R 180.00
- "Good luck Jeff, wish I was on the road with you!" - David Reinhardt
- Mar 05, 2014 - R 100.00
- "Good luck" - Grant Willis
- Mar 04, 2014 - R 250.00
- "Go Jeff and Back a buddy!" - Renee Hlozek
- Mar 04, 2014 - R 100.00
- "Good luck Dr Murugan" - Anthea Willis-Thomas
- Mar 04, 2014 - R 300.00
- "Such a good cause, good luck!" - Lisa Schlesinger
- Mar 03, 2014 - R 100.00
- "So long and thanks for all the tricks!" - Ihsaan Bassier
- Feb 27, 2014 - R 100.00
- "Caring together to create a brighter future" - Shaheda Abrahams-Bassier
- Feb 26, 2014 - R 120.00
- "Nice one Jeff. Enjoy the ride." - Mark
- Feb 23, 2014 - R 400.00
- "Support for the real Dr in the family ;)" - Nivash and Yugen
- Feb 18, 2014 - R 30.00
- "." - Anonymous
- Feb 11, 2014 - R 100.00
- "Goodluck with this good cause Dr Jeff. God bless xx" - Kirtika J Hurgobin
- Feb 11, 2014 - R 100.00
- "I think this is a wonderful cause, nice one Jeff x" - Marisa Salvarto
- Feb 11, 2014 - R 200.00
- "What a great cause! You can do it!!" - Diamond Family
- Feb 10, 2014 - R 200.00
- "You can do it my love! " - Amanda
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here