Johan's Ironman 70.3 for the Smile Foundation
- By: Johan Herselman
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/johans-ironman-703-for-the-smile-foundation
Weighing in at a whopping 126kg’s and only 1.71m tall I saw a picture of myself about six years ago and sitting in a doctors surgery I realised living a high pace life with lots of stress and an unhealthy lifestyle I was bound to have a stroke or heart attack. A long process of weight loss began and earlier this year I reached a total weight loss of about 50kg..... Part of my weight loss program was eating correctly, gym training and running.
After completing a few marathons and also the Two Oceans Ultra marathon I stood next to the road earlier this year on the day of Ironman and thought to myself – you can do this..... But let’s start with baby steps and do 70.3 (not that it’s baby steps in any way)..... I entered the day after ironman and so the journey began.... Without a bicycle and not being able to swim 10m’s what more to say 1.9km.....
What an exciting journey it has been so far and can really say I met awesome people and made wonderful friends in the journey.
Thankful for what I have and how life has changed for me I decided why not bring beauty and acceptance into someone special’s life by raising funds for the SMILE FOUNDATION
- Feb 02, 2015 - R 200.00
- "Thanks Shaun and Christine" - Shaun & Christine
- Feb 02, 2015 - R 3 000.00
- "For a worthy cause" - Johan
- Jan 20, 2015 - R 50.00
- "Baie sterkte. Weet jy kan!!" - Johan & Charlene de Coning
- Jan 19, 2015 - R 200.00
- "An inspiring message Johan, good luck!" - Pete & Margi Newton
- Jan 13, 2015 - R 100.00
- "Go Jantjie I know you can do it, as I know whatever you put your mind to, you do." - Bronwen Perry
- Jan 13, 2015 - R 200.00
- "Good Luck Johan and well done is very thing you have achieved so far." - Sue du Randt
- Jan 09, 2015 - R 100.00
- "All the best Johan! I know that you have trained hard and prepared well! " - Barbara Foot
Smile Foundation is a non-profit organization that brings people together for the purpose of providing expert surgical intervention, creating greater social involvement and enabling sensible corporate social investment – to make a difference in the lives of children with facial anomalies.
We offer holistic care to transform the lives of these children who are threatened with rejection by society.
The Smile Foundation is about meaningfully connecting people to bring about new opportunities, new futures, with the result being – new lives.