John C - 2013
- By: John Croasdale
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/john-c-2013
Riding the Freedom Challenge I am rewarded with an unforgettable and enriching experience in the rural and most remote parts of SA. Even the unrelenting mountainous terrain and harsh winter conditions serves only to contribute to the depths of this personal challenge.
By supporting my ride you are contributing to a better education and better opportunities for a few rural students. Giving them this personal challenge will allow them to pursue a vocation they dream of
- Jul 08, 2013 - R 200.00
- "Its a privilege to donate to such a worthy cause" - Barbara MacMurray
- Jul 03, 2013 - R 1 000.00
- "The Freedom Challange is an amazing and incredible achievement. Love XX" - Vanhears\Reekies\Smits\Eagars
- Jul 02, 2013 - R 300.00
- "hope the ride is going well - we think of you often, especially when the weather is crap" - Toby & Debs
- Jun 17, 2013 - R 200.00
- "Wish your road is paved with good fortune and a great experience all round" - Andre Du Plooy
- Jun 11, 2013 - R 100.00
- "Hope you and George are having a great ride. Very proud of you." - Diana
Freedom Challenge Scholarship Fund
Over the last number of years participants in the events arranged by the Freedom Challenge have expressed an interest in giving back something to the people along the route. After much consideration we have decided that a good starting point would be to establish an educational fund to benefit the scholars living along the Mehloding section of the trail. This section falls within the area formerly known as the Transkei and has been identified in various social development studies as one of the poorest parts of the South Africa.
The Fund offers a 3 year scholarships for promising students to attend the private school located at the Mariazell Mission just below the Malekhalonyane Chalets which is one of our support stations used for the Ride Across South Africa and Ride to Rhodes events. http://www.wix.com/allensharp1/fcsf
We are now challenging the 2014 FC participants to let their mountain biking passion benefit the local communities that span the Freedom Trail. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute directly to uplift the knowledge and lives of individuals and communities through education.
The Fund is run under the auspices of The Freedom Challenge’s annual, extreme and unsupported, mountain bike race extending from Pietermaritzburg to Cape Town www.freedomchallenge.org.za This is a project of the Freedom Trail Foundation.