Jonathan's 2014 Argus Challenge!
- By: Jonathan Shock
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/jonathans-2014-argus-challenge
A child that has been living in an children's home or in a state care facility is forced to leave at the age 18. Many of these young people are not ready for this transition and without adequate support, after years of stability, they struggle to stay in school, attend skills training programmes and find meaningful work. Mamelani's programme ensures that they are are supported through this transition and are able to remain focused, motivated and move forward in their lives.
This year I have decided to do my bit for South African youth and take on a challenge! I have become a Mamelani Mover and will be taking part in this years Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Challenge.
R4500 allows one young person to complete a paid internship, providing them with the opportunity to gain access to the world of work, technical experience and money management skills. Together the Mamelani Movers Argus team would like to secure enough funds to allow 5 youth to be a part of this process. So come on and back me on my adventure. Together we can make a difference!
- Mar 14, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Best wishes" - G Ellis
- Mar 11, 2014 - R 400.00
- "It's too far! " - Anonymous
- Mar 09, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Happy cycling!" - Uncle P and the girlz
- Mar 08, 2014 - R 308.47
- "All the best, Jon!" - Nitin & family
- Mar 08, 2014 - R 200.00
- "A worthy cause and good luck, it looks like a brilliant route!" - Phil Lloyd
- Mar 07, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Great idea, go, go, go! " - Simon & Maren
- Mar 03, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Thanks, Jon! Go, go, go!" - Branka and Srdjan
- Mar 03, 2014 - R 541.53
- "I wish it could be more for this worthwhile charity and all your hard work." - Kathy and Richard
- Mar 03, 2014 - R 50.00
- "Best of luck!" - CJB
- Feb 12, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Good on you!" - Valerie Rose
- Feb 11, 2014 - R 400.00
- "Go Jon - good luck!" - Sam
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here